Peavey VTM60 Dip switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey VTM60 Dip switches

Hey guys, I have a Vtm60 (Poor mans JCM800).
    Was wondering if anyone had experience with one?
    If so would like to know how someone else set their DIP switches.

Re: Peavey VTM60 Dip switches

Originally posted by PunksIsHippies View Post
    Hey guys, I have a Vtm60 (Poor mans JCM800)
    Not at all really... neither in circuit or sound... but thats a good thing the vtm 60 and 120's have their own thing going on. Dont sell it short.

Sorry but its been probably 15 years since I played one and Im not sure i remember right but i think i used gain 1 and 2 on... comp off... Low 1 off, low 2 on.. mid off... High 1 on, high 2 off. But it was so long ago I may not even use those settings now... the rest of the rig would influence that in a big way too.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
      Not at all really... neither in circuit or sound... but thats a good thing the vtm 60 and 120's have their own thing going on. Dont sell it short.
      You do have a point there. I've played 800's before, some I liked some I didn't.. But I always like My Vtm. Just haven't dialed it in completely.

Comment

I really like the VTM series. I wouldn't describe them as a JCM 800 wannabe--they have their own tonality. But if you just need a single channel amp that is well built; that takes pedals well; is bargain priced; and very reliable, then the VTMs are the way to go. They are a lot better than some of the new stuff available these days.

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

I agree, Got mine for a steal.. I've thought about getting another 60 if one ever pops up... maybe even a 120

Comment

You sure EC? I've always been under the impression that the Butcher preamp was lifted straight from the 800. The VTM is straight Butcher, with the added dip switches.

Either way, VTM's ****ing rule, it's not a poor man's anything.

Comment

VTM is awesome. Had the 120 back in the day, and ended up going with the triumph for more channels, then went rack, and loved the rack but wished I had kept both of the amps for recording. I also liked to "old" butcher head.

Comment

Working...
              X