New Custom Cab Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Custom Cab Day!

Still want a 2x10 ,2x12 and 2x15 in the same cab.
    Originally posted by Oinkus
    I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Some people claim that 15" speakers don't 'respond' quick enough for metal... But this thing has no problem keeping up with thrash riffs. It sounds bigger and throatier, and does require a lil' different eq to get the same 'bite' as without a 15", but it is a very cool and unique sound. It's like it's wider and fuller without being in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Awesome. Looks very much like an Emperor.

Comment

Dang! That is a nice cab and one of my favorite half stack cab configurations. Moves a lot of air and low mids without sacrificing top end.

Comment

I kinda want to do that with a 12 and 2 8's

congrats on the new cab!!
            -Greg

Guitars:
            2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
            2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
            2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
            Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Does the 15" roll off the high end or is it still intact?
              Originally posted by KBliss
              WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
              Originally posted by trevorus
              The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Looks VERY nice! Congrats!

Bill
                When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Oinkus View Post
                  Still want a 2x10 ,2x12 and 2x15 in the same cab.
                  sounds like a Peavey
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I've heard of Dominion cabs, they seem great, and the prices seem very reasonable. I got new cab as well, but not nearly as nice. Fender DT 412 with Celestion G12T-100s. Cheap on Craigslist, nearly new condition, and fits in my car. It doesn't even sound broken in. I got it from an older guy who said he'd plugged a Silverstone amp into it a few times and that's about it. I hope to eventually move the speakers into 2 oversize 2x12s, possibly from Dominion, as I'm in NC.
                    Last edited by Maggot; 04-02-2015, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggot View Post
                      I've heard of Dominion cabs, they seem great, and the prices seem very reasonable. I got new cab as well, but not nearly as nice. Fender DT 412 with Celestion G12T-100s. Cheap on Craigslist, nearly new condition, and fits in my car. It doesn't even sound broken in. I got it from an older guy who said he'd plugged a Silverstone amp into it a few times and that's about it. I hope to eventually move the speakers into 2 oversize 2x12s, possibly from Dominion, as I'm in NC.
                      Are they located in NC? Where at?
                      EDIT: Never mind, I looked it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X