Vox-vt 30=how to get more gain without over saturating the tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox-vt 30=how to get more gain without over saturating the tone

When I use my strat hm with passives (Duncan jb & yjm's) can run a distortion pedal and it sounds fine, but my kramer with active Seymour Duncan blackouts over dose it, but witout the pedal it lacks the creamy gain, but with it, she looses the quality of the mids and lead...any ideas????

Re: Vox-vt 30=how to get more gain without over saturating the tone

Lessen the pedal's gain?
    Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Buy a different pedal. You might just need a boost pedal with higher output pickups, or something like a TS type OD but setup for boost not clipping.

Comment

Bad Monkey maybe? Thinking of getting one myself as a boost.
        My website - https://stevenamckay.com/

My gear - Gibson- Les Pauls - 2 x Classic (sunburst and ebony), Slash Standard, DC Special Tribute, SG Standard, Explorer, Flying V. 1980 Hamer Sunburst.
        MIM Fender Strat. MIK Squier Tele. Jackson JDR94, Kelly, Concert Bass. Fender acoustic. Mandolin.
        Spark Mini, Marshall DSL20HR, 1912.

Comment

I thinking of a boost, maybe to just push my signal. The blackouts should have plenty of power, but is lacking that "umfff"!!! I just finaly got this build done, after an insaine wiring mess. Sounds great, but this guitar was built for metal, and I just thought id get some ideas from you guys...thanx!!!

Comment

you didn't say what distortion pedal you are using. Sounds like you need an overdrive, not a distortion pedal.

Comment

Also, shouldn't active pickups be more consistent over the travel of the volume knob? Maybe you could turn down the guitar volume and keep your pedals where they are with your strat?
              Originally posted by ImmortalSix
              I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

Working...
              X