New Practice amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Practice amp

I'm looking for a new practice amp. I haven't tried anything out yet so I'm just going by Youtube but I've almost narrowed it down to either the Yamaha THR10 or the Blackstar ID15 TVP.

Anyone used either or both of these amps ?

Any other suggestions ?

Re: New Practice amp

I have used the Blackstar ID Core 10, which has many of the same features as the 15TVP and a similar size.
    It was very nice for a tiny amp. It still had some boxiness to it, like basically all small amps have to some degree.
    The power tube emulation feels pretty realistic, the ISF knob is cool, and there are plenty of tones to be had and I don't remember hating any of them.

So while I know it's not the Blackstar you asked about, I gotta say my impression is that blackstar makes great practice amps.

Comment

If you can, get a Roland Microcube. Loud enough for the bedroom, or can even be used to record with, especially if you run as a preamp direct in. You can even plug it in to a powered mixer or other pa type amp for playing to a larger house. I bought mine 10 years ago (has it really been that long?) for $125 US. It has been worth every penny. Oh and battery operated too, so you can bring it to the beach, or camping etc. 6 AA's and they last forever.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5186.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	5784974
      Last edited by Demanic; 04-24-2015, 12:43 AM.

Comment

The cleans are to die for on the cube!

Nothing with a little speaker is gonna sound great. Remember why you are getting this.

I'd go with a modeler and headphones, personally.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Of the amps you mentioned, the Yamaha THR10 is pretty cool for low volume practice. It just sounds really really nice. I've seriously thought about picking one up.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
          X