Seymour Duncan Convertible 100 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Convertible 100 ???

Hello all. This would have to be the place to come to ask the question I have. I have a 12" 8ohm 100 watt speaker from a SD Convertible 100, and the speaker has the same label on it. I wondered who made this speaker??? I sort of kinda read that it might be an early Eminence, but I sure would like to know for sure. Here's a pic of one: https://reverb.com/item/312696-seymo...le-100-speaker
    If anyone knows who made the speakers for Seymour's amps, I'd appreciate the share.

Re: Seymour Duncan Convertible 100 ???

Read the EIAA code on the speaker frame. The 67 confirms a Eminence Speaker.

Read here: http://www.webervst.com/codes.html
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Thanks HF! That's good info, though the only place I can find any numbers is on a sticker along the side of the magnet. The problem there is that it's totally degraded and I can't read any of the numbers. Does anybody have any knowledge of what company supplied Seymour with his speakers?

Comment

I just used the brilliant idea of calling SD and asking. I was told that indeed the speaker was made by Eminence. There's no model or specs for them to give me, only that it was manufactured by Eminence.

Comment

FWIW, I have 2 of the Seymour Duncan 1X12s from that lineup, and they use Celestion G12K-85s.

Comment

That's interesting. The guy at SD first thought I was asking about a replacement speaker for a Convertible 100 and he suggested the G12K-85. I've noticed some Convertible 100's have a G12k-85 in them, which is obviously a great speaker, but some other Covertible 100's have that Seymour Duncan labeled speaker... such as this one: https://reverb.com/item/67355-seymou...t-1980-s-black
            but then, there's this one: http://www.guitarsonsale.net/2015/se...t-1980s-black/
            I'd love it to be a SD labeled Celestian, bit it's not. I think maybe the earlier issues had that SD labeled eminence speaker of unknown specs (other than 8ohm & 100watt), and the later productions had the Celestian in them. That's a guess. This speaker doesn't sound bad, but it's not sweet. If anyone knows more about those SD labeled Convertible speakers, please do chime in.

Thanks, LLL (cool J)

Comment

I recently got one, it has the celestion G12k in it, which I believe was it's stock. i'm going to try an old Crate speaker I have, 4 ohm, which is sweet, also try it with a v30, and a JBL D-123. I have a feeling the Crate is going to be the best for it. I got that speaker when I bought a Crate 112 extension cabinet. I didn't like the sound of the speaker in the cab, it's closed back, but the speaker sounds great in an open back cab. So i'll let you guys know, and you can reply in a few years lol.
              jackrabbit-eared ~^~ ~^~ Spock!

Comment

Originally posted by shawn7oh View Post
                I recently got one, it has the celestion G12k in it, which I believe was it's stock. i'm going to try an old Crate speaker I have, 4 ohm, which is sweet, also try it with a v30, and a JBL D-123. I have a feeling the Crate is going to be the best for it. I got that speaker when I bought a Crate 112 extension cabinet. I didn't like the sound of the speaker in the cab, it's closed back, but the speaker sounds great in an open back cab. So i'll let you guys know, and you can reply in a few years lol.
                A nameless Crate speaker that you expect to be superior to both a v30 and a k85/k100????

What on earth is that thing????
                "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Working...
                X