Anyone own a Bugera Trirec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own a Bugera Trirec?

Neighbor kid is off to college and looking to sell his Bugera Trirec Infinium. Looks brand new. I put it through it's paces and only thing I could find wrong with it is the volume pot on the clean channel is a little scratchy (aside from the Chinese 5U4's rattling some). I need another 100 watt head like I need another hole in my head but that's not a good enough reason alone to stop me. I'm pretty sure $300 would take it. I've had good luck so far with a Bugera V22HD.

Thoughts?

Re: Anyone own a Bugera Trirec?

Those pots are not replaceable on Bugera amps, If it goes out, the amp is junk.

Comment

Sure they are, you just may have to get creative.

Comment

Originally posted by the toad View Post
        Lol, I've read a bunch of "No User Serviceable Parts" and laughed every time. If it's got a circuit board, and pots, it can be replaced. You just have to know what you're doing. First, though, I would try some tuner cleaner.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
        Originally posted by Securb
        The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

For $300 it's a no brainer. If it's not your thing you could always sell it to me for a 100 or so less..
          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
            Lol, I've read a bunch of "No User Serviceable Parts" and laughed every time. If it's got a circuit board, and pots, it can be replaced. You just have to know what you're doing. First, though, I would try some tuner cleaner.
            Agreed. If it's not a fuel-air bomb, it's got user serviceable parts inside.
            Originally posted by Brown Note
            I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
            My Blog

Comment

Seeing as how they still go for $500ish used, $300 is worth it.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
              @ArizonaVoters

Comment

It's visiting with me for a couple of weeks. I know the kid and his parents so we worked out a test drive.

Seems that nobody owns one but I appreciate the input.

Comment

Originally posted by the toad View Post
                  How can that be? Even if it's mounted on the circuit board, can you not unsolder and replace them?
                  The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
                    How can that be? Even if it's mounted on the circuit board, can you not unsolder and replace them?
                    It can be replaced but ... Since I have it with me, I opened it up. The controls are on their own board which is tethered to the main board with cables and connectors. The pots have a very long sleeve and shaft. My guess is that if you have a problem, Music Group just replaces that entire control board. It's a standard, pcb mount 3 leg pot but with that extra long bushing and shaft, probably proprietary. I've never seen one for sale anyway. That said, it would be easy enough to use a panel mount pot of the same resistance and wire to the control board.

They are sealed pots so tough to get some cleaner inside. I ran some down the shaft and exercised the pot. It never was bad but it helped. As it stands, it's not noisy enough to worry about. If I buy the amp and it becomes a problem, I'll replace the pot as described above if I cant find a direct match.
                    Last edited by Darg1911; 08-23-2015, 07:48 AM.

Comment

in a week ill own a brand new one kinda of excited ............dont rain on my parade about the bad let me find out for myself got 30 daze to mess with it ,,,,i either keep it take it bac and get something else

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
                        Agreed. If it's not a fuel-air bomb, it's got user serviceable parts inside.
                        Some of my prior cars were certainly fuel-air bombs and they still had user serviceable parts.

EDIT: D'oh! Just noticed that this was necro'd...

Anyway, Darg, what happened with your amp deal?
                        Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
                          Some of my prior cars were certainly fuel-air bombs and they still had user serviceable parts.

EDIT: D'oh! Just noticed that this was necro'd...

Anyway, Darg, what happened with your amp deal?
                          I test drove it for a month and bought it for $300. It's been acting up lately though. Cuts out every once in a while for a few seconds so I'm no longer worried about the scratchy volume pot. Probably too intermittent to get a handle on and not sure I could fix it anyway. And, it ain't the tubes. I'll either figure it out or play it until it dies. But I've been obsessed with the Marshall build lately anyway. I think I'll just build them myself from now on. That way I can fix them.

Comment

Working...
                          X