banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so ive been taking a long hard look at bugera...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so ive been taking a long hard look at bugera...

I wouldn't expect an inexpensive amp to sound just as good as the big name brand it's patterned after. But if it even comes close, for a significant reduction in price, and as long as the quality isn't terrible, I would say that a lot of folks who don't necessarily play for a living, would appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      I wouldn't expect an inexpensive amp to sound just as good as the big name brand it's patterned after.
      Check one out ..you'll be very pleasantly surprised

The stereotype is: more expensive = better (in reality things are different...)
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
        What I keep wondering is, if there's nothing wrong with Bugera and they sound similar to the "original" amps they're going for... what's the compromise? Where's the quality being sacrificed in the name of a lower price tag?

You can't tell me you can make a JCM900 imposter that sounds just as good as the real thing with that price difference.

I can't blame you guys for wanting a cheaper alternative, but you can't blame me for going after the real thing. You know?
        Well, I am not one saying they sound just like the "real thing"; rather, I am just saying they sound awesome for the price! "Made In China" is a huge reason there is such a big price difference.

EDIT: And nothing wrong with wanting to get the "real thing" either–go for what works best for you personally

Comment

I have a Bugera V5 that doesn't rattle if you hook it up to a cab. Sounds great. btw, I may not be a pro but I am releasing an album anyways. blah
          Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
          http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Anyways when they eventually die...forget repairing them!
            Last one I looked inside was full of SMD parts......
            Dunno but in my world gear can get too cheap....

Yeah some can have some luck in keeping them running....but they where not made to last for that long, thus becoming very expensive at some point!

Comment

I've got a V22 that I've had for 7 or 8 years. It was my first tube amp and I totally loved the sound. I initially had a problem with it...it blew a fuse. I haven't had a single problem with it since. No not one.

And as far as tone goes...I put a Swamp Thang in it and couldn't be happier. Great all around tones. I play a very wide variety of music (was in a cover band) and didn't have a problem getting any tone I wanted from it. I do use lots of pedals, however.

But as far as quality issues go, I haven't had any except for the fuse the first month I owned it. I totally love this amp.
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Hard to bash the sound quality...

Bugera 333XL vs ENGL Powerball 2: http://youtu.be/vfA7qbnS1a4

Comment

In all fairness though, the younger guy had'nt really dialled that Engl in that great ( ) & was'nt half the player that the older dude was..

I like some Engls (Blackmore, Savage), JCM 800's, JTM 45's & the odd Mesa ...most anything else & I'll actually take my 333XL ..not kidding

I don't just like it 'for it's price'....
                  "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                  If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Yeah I've been pondering for a while now and I really do think the 333xl sounds spectacular, it's got an awesome warm clean channel, a really nice overdriven crunch, and high gain on par with anything else I've seen on YouTube... I'm thinking an Avatar 2x12 v30 cab and a boss GT-100 and I'll have a rig for every situation I could ever imagine being in...

Will report back when I get it all together and working... Thanks
                    Last edited by the toad; 11-20-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X