banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone read amp schematics? Dear God please help me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone read amp schematics? Dear God please help me.

I have an Ampeg VL-503 50w 1x12 combo. It was sort of based upon Lee Jackson's VL-series designs, as the folks on Jackson's site say that the VL503 came out after he'd parted ways with Ampeg. Ampeg is known to basically plug their ears and go 'la-la-la-la' when it comes to helping anyone with the VL's.

Problem: There are 6 preamp slots: v1, v2, v3, v4, v5, and v8. Loop is solid state, V5 is the PI and V1-V4 is channel-related. I have no idea what v8 at all does but schematics (which I can't read) are online. Please help my situation be less stupid:

Re: Can anyone read amp schematics? Dear God please help me.

What are you trying to accomplish? Tweak, swap tubes?

Sent from my iPad using a bunch of electrons, copper, and probably some fiber optic cable
    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

From what I saw on page 2 of the schematic (right side sheet1) V8 is the FX loop
      sigpic
      Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by p4vl View Post
          I have an Ampeg VL-503 50w 1x12 combo. It was sort of based upon Lee Jackson's VL-series designs, as the folks on Jackson's site say that the VL503 came out after he'd parted ways with Ampeg. Ampeg is known to basically plug their ears and go 'la-la-la-la' when it comes to helping anyone with the VL's.

Problem: There are 6 preamp slots: v1, v2, v3, v4, v5, and v8. Loop is solid state, V5 is the PI and V1-V4 is channel-related. I have no idea what v8 at all does but schematics (which I can't read) are online. Please help my situation be less stupid:

http://www.amprepairparts.com/vl503.pdf
          The loop is tube driven and Valve 8 is the send and return for the FX Loop. .

Comment

Thanks for your help, folks. Turns out that Ampeg does actually reply sometimes and V8 is Loop/Reverb. Weird. Still, I appreciate you guys reading those ancient hieroglyphs, er, schematics.

What tube would do you recommend for this so-called loop/reverb? Until I recently changed some of the tubes around, the loop was unusable so would a lower output tube fit?

12ax7, 12at7, balanced, yadda yadda?

Comment

According to the schematics it just calls for a 12ax7 tube.

Comment

Working...
              X