banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall silver jubilee RI vs. Orange TH30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall silver jubilee RI vs. Orange TH30?

Hi! I am looking for new amp. I'm choosing between Marshall silver jubilee and orange th30. I need enough volume to gig small gigs and stay clean without micing up. I play classic rock, hard rock... I'm using 2x12 Vintage30 loaded cab. Thanks.
    Marshall silver jubilee
    80.00%
    Orange TH30
    20.00%
    Last edited by guitarplayer100; 11-07-2015, 06:53 PM.

Re: Marshall silver jubilee RI vs. Orange TH30?

Jubilee all day everyday!
    My buddy has an original one and it's the best Marshall I have ever played for blues and classic rock.
    Tone is subjective though, I am simple and I like that Les Paul and Strat thru a Marshall sound with nothing more than an overdrive and a wah for effects.

Comment

Re: Marshall silver jubilee RI vs. Orange TH30?

You said you need clean head room. Obviously, the 100 watt amp will have more. Jubilees have plenty of clean head room and a good clean tone if you set em up for it. The main weakness is the shared gain control for use as a channel switcher. The Jubilee can be used as channel switcher, but it's a compromise on where you set the input gain if you want cleans and high gain. The clean can be set up as a crunch as well, by engaging the pull clip knob. This is a light AC/DC type of overdrive. For classic rock and blues guitar solos the Jub is wonderful using the high gain mode and the 1/2 power mode. It just sings. This especially true of the 50/25 watt models, but you can run the 100 at 25 watts as well, by pulling two tubes and using the 1/2 power.

Comment

Working...
      X