Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New amp day - time to bring the thunder,

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
    I'm actually going to take it to Mesa once I've got some money, since they're only just over an hour from where I live. This amp is over 30 years old now, so it's probably due for a tune up.
    cool - I was just having fun btw

Comment

Lol, I've been back on the forum for literally a couple of hours and Agileguy's posted a ridiculous new amp. Some things never change.

Congrats, man. That thing is...well, honestly a wee bit terrifying, but also awesome. Enjoy it.
      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I thought that was you I heard! LOL

Comment

I tried calling you, I guess you didn't hear the phone ringing. Great amp.

Comment

It's like how more awesome can that be? And the answer is none; none more awesome.
            Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
            Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
            Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
            Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
            Line 6 Helix
            Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Bring the thunder indeed!! NICE! Enjoy it while you still have hearing!! haha
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Bring the noise!
                Originally posted by kevlar3000
                I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                Originally posted by Zerberus
                Better is often the enemy of good
                Originally posted by ginormous
                Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

First clip is up!

Details:

Most importantly - I didn't think any of what I was playing through before playing it. Completely off the cuff.
                    Gear: PRS McCarty (Whole Lotta Humbucker set) -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Mesa (full power mode, master volume at about .9, still pretty damn loud) -> Avatar 4x12. V30 mic'd with an SM57 and Greenback with a Sennheiser e906. Mics are panned hard left and right, respectively.
                    This was all the gain channel. Yes, even the intro. I rolled up the guitar volume and kicked on the Green Rhino for the gain portion.

Again, this was not meant to be representative of my playing. I'm just sharing a crappy recording I made. It's more a test of the new recording gear I bought and whether I can get good sounds out of Reaper, which I'm still learning how to use.

Enjoy! Or don't - and if not, tell me why.
                    Custom neck-thru strat
                    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                    1995 PRS CE24
                    D'avanzo #8
                    Breedlove Solo Concert
                    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Best I've heard of your demos! Sounds like you found your soulmate amp \m/
                      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Working...
                      X