banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victory amps? Kraken and Monkey Lord models??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory amps? Kraken and Monkey Lord models??

These look like pretty cool amps from what Ive seen online, but I was waiting to see pricing and for them to make their way around the globe before I asked anything. I see Music zoo has em. The Kraken is supposed to be pretty brutal and the Red Dwarf (Rob Chapman model) is supposed to deliver too, yet is more versatile. Any experience with em yet??

heres the Kraken at the zoo..

$1299. actually less than I was expecting..

Red Dwarf is $849

Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Victory amps? Kraken and Monkey Lord models??

I hope they sound better than they look.

Comment

The Kraken sounds pretty good but I am not impressed with the Red Dwarf.
      I'm not much into anything Rob Chapman puts out but the best amp Victory makes is his Silverback.
      That amp is phenomenal but the head is like $3500 which is way out of reach for me..

Comment

They're pretty much my dream amps, but I'll never be able to justify spending that much.

Comment

Here, your mesa boogie yankee gear is superduper expensive. There, our Engls, Marshalls and Victories are superduper expensive. That's the way of things.

That being said.

I love Victory amps. The Red Dwarf is really awesome. Eats pedals like crazy but it's just 1w so a bit tiny for my taste.

The silverback is one of the amps I really love. It's an amazing amp!! Fenderish clean, JCM like crunch, SLO like overdrive and SLO+ like lead, all accessibel 'from the floor'.

I think I prefer the V100 more, though. it lacks the fourth 'tone from the floor', but it's 100w (and I don't like 50w, personally), has dual master volumes and reverb per channel. Works fine for me.

Either way, I'm bound to get a SB or a V100 before X-mas... Which means a lot since I've got a '79 JMP, '86 JCM, a mesa mark 3 and a custombuild vox/marshall hybrid.

Comment

Working...
          X