Best "next step" amp for a student

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best "next step" amp for a student

I'll buck the Randall trend and suggest a Roland Cube 40 or 60 or 80. All are really good amps, can be had at great prices, and are great for jams. I've gigged with a Roland Cube 60 many times.
    Go Packers!

Comment

Depending on the budget but an orange crush cr60 och cr120 or cr120h with a cabinet, I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.
      I use a cr120h with a Orange 212ob and love the sound i ger from it, have used it in both big and small venues with out any problems.
      If you want an big orange sound aka rockaverb but don't have the Cash this is the way to go. Might be the best SS out there right now.

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe a Bandit or other Peavy transtube amp.

But since the Orange Crush amps were just mentioned, here is another view on this amp.

They take OD pedals really well and have a loop. it has two channels that sound like a friggin Orange amp. The clean channel will start clean and then go to break up as the channel gain increases, and responds nicely to OD pedals.

So far, it seems to be well made - actually made with real wood!

Now the best part. There are NO menus to scroll or to carry you into unholy dimensions and the dark depths of too many choices.

On this amp and the series in general, Orange is using some really one dimensional speakers and the amps seem to have a big thick horse blanket thrown over it. Emmence and Celestion make replacement speakers and are well worth the investment to put one into these amps.
        Attached Files
        That is not dead which can eternal lie,
        And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Working...
        X