Henning amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henning amps?

I stumbled across these online the other day. Supposed to cop the tone of Jose modded Marshalls. Kinda pricey, but just something to dream about.. Anyone have any experience?? AND, anyone know what band the dude used to play in?? too much info on google to sift thru here at work..

Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Henning amps?

Henning......haha a weird Danish name for an amp....

Comment

I dunno much about the Henning amps, but the guys over at Rig-Talk seem to like 'em. Steve is a regular forum contributor over there and seems like a great guy. A couple other notable semi-regular posting members at R-T are Dave Friedman, Peter Diezel and Pete Thorn.
      Last edited by Red_Label; 12-26-2015, 09:47 PM.
      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

He posts a lot on GAB and the amps are built exceptionally well.

For that Jose tone though I would just hit up Nik @ Ceriatone and get a King Kong for $1400
        Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
        WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
        http://fret.boards.net

Comment

Originally posted by Toe-Knee View Post
          He posts a lot on GAB and the amps are built exceptionally well.

For that Jose tone though I would just hit up Nik @ Ceriatone and get a King Kong for $1400
          Def like that price!! The amp get that tone?
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
            Def like that price!! The amp get that tone?
            Yup it's definitely in the same ballpark. Most jose style mode amps are very similar sounding.

It has a great feature set too.
            WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Comment

I would guess most would be similar sounding, but I had no idea that amp aimed for that tone. looked on the site after you mentioned it and couldnt find much info other than kit breakdowns.. See they have an AFD too..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                I would guess most would be similar sounding, but I had no idea that amp aimed for that tone. looked on the site after you mentioned it and couldnt find much info other than kit breakdowns.. See they have an AFD too..

Your best bet is to read the manuals it provides a lot of detail.

Also speak to Nik directly he loves to talk about amps. The customer service is fantastic.

The chupacabra /yeti is a single channel version of the kk without the solo boost and switchable presence/depth settings. I built a yeti and love it but I am a 2 channel guy so I'll be moving the yeti on soon and ordering a kk.

They also do a 20w 6v6 version called soon of yeti. I think that's about $800
                WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Comment

OK, will do!!! THANK YOU FOR THE INFO

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                  X