banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else intrigued by these two new Yamaha SS amps? (THR100H and THR100HD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone else intrigued by these two new Yamaha SS amps? (THR100H and THR100HD)

First rehearsal with this amp cranked. It's a killer. No more toobs for me.

Comment

Re: Anyone else intrigued by these two new Yamaha SS amps? (THR100H and THR100HD)

Awesome! Glad to hear. That's kinda what I was thinking when I had one the THR10X practice amp, it would be killer if they could make a full size version of this, sounds like they did and more.

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread BUT I have to say that I love my THR100HD for gigging. I had used the THR10C as a practice amp and loved the tones but couldn't gig it with a full band. I loved my Bassbreaker tube amps but my clean tones were always lost in the mix as they were too quiet for the desired cleans (again, in a band mix.)

The 100HD, for me, got the closest tube-like clean tones and response that I was used to with my Fender tube amps AND it would stay clean even cranked (I opted for a cab with 2 Texas Heat Speakers) without lugging around a 100 watt tube amp.

Having both amps play at once is cool and makes for some unique tones but having two separate amps in one at the touch of a footswitch was amazing for gigging. Doesn't replace a good tube amp but does make for a great gigging amp. Just my experience with it.
        Last edited by treyhaislip; 02-02-2022, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Sweet. I'd forgotten about this thread. I've since acquired a pair of the THR10's. Nice little amps that suit my "bedroom" playing.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
            Sweet. I'd forgotten about this thread. I've since acquired a pair of the THR10's. Nice little amps that suit my "bedroom" playing.
            I think we've talked about this off and on over the years! lol

I feel that the THR10s are really a different amp than this one–the 10s have some really cool built in effects that are not included with the 100s.

But then again, the THR10s are designed for a different purpose and don't drive 100 watts.

Comment

Yup. We have. I'd love to hear yours in a band situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                Yup. We have. I'd love to hear yours in a band situation.
                Not sure that I got any clips with the band but I will check and sent it your way!

Comment

Cool. Oddly, it doesn't look like Sweetwater stocks these anymore. But they are on Yammy's website.

Comment

Working...
                  X