Bass Slave amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Slave amp

Hey guys, I'm looking at picking up a Fender rumble 100w bass amp for bass use at decent volumes. I was also learning about amp slaving and had a very interesting idea.

Could I use the solid state Rumble as a slave to my Jet City guitar amp for larger gigs? I would be running the jet city effects out into the rumbles effect in.

Would the tone knobs of the rumble even be in the loop? Can a bass amp have trouble reproducing guitar frequencies?

I guess the speaker might be the only thing that would definitely sound a bit off.

Re: Bass Slave amp

I've done this with my Fender Champion into the Fender rumble, and I didn't like it.
    The controls on the rumble won't affect the FX loop.
    The sound lacks the midrange voice you'd associate with a guitar, lots of bass and then some treble detail. Doesn't sound particularly great at all to me, except in C# tuning all gained out and sludgy on the neck pickup, but it's nothing any decently gainy guitar amp wouldn't do better with the same sized speaker.

The answer to what I was looking for was "a bigger guitar cab" or something of that nature, a cure for boxiness if you will. Going into a bass cab and solid state bass power amp *in general* isn't a good short cut to that.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
      I've done this with my Fender Champion into the Fender rumble, and I didn't like it.
      The controls on the rumble won't affect the FX loop.
      The sound lacks the midrange voice you'd associate with a guitar, lots of bass and then some treble detail. Doesn't sound particularly great at all to me, except in C# tuning all gained out and sludgy on the neck pickup, but it's nothing any decently gainy guitar amp wouldn't do better with the same sized speaker.

The answer to what I was looking for was "a bigger guitar cab" or something of that nature, a cure for boxiness if you will. Going into a bass cab and solid state bass power amp *in general* isn't a good short cut to that.
      I might try it, was just curious about if that would work

I'll definitely try it if it works. If it sounds like crap I'll get a bigger cab or another amp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

yeah always try it maybe you'll find something, doesn't hurt nuthin

Comment

Working...
        X