banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Came across my very FIRST amp in my parents attic while visiting tonight....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Came across my very FIRST amp in my parents attic while visiting tonight....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	5839373
    I thought this thing had gone to the dump or out with the trash. Anxious to plug it up and hear it again.
    sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Re: Came across my very FIRST amp in my parents attic while visiting tonight....

Dude! I'll bet it sounds better than you remember it!

Comment

Re: Came across my very FIRST amp in my parents attic while visiting tonight....

Originally posted by Demanic View Post

Probably so. This thing is vintage in my book. I got it given to me when I started playing back in high school probably around 2003 or so and it was old then. Not sure what year it was made in.

Comment

Great memories I'm sure.

Comment

Cool little amp. Peavey's have a little silver panel with the serial number, and the date is coded on that.

Bill
          When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
            Cool little amp. Peavey's have a little silver panel with the serial number, and the date is coded on that.

Bill
            Thanks for that info bill. Where can I look it up online to see what year it was manufactured in though?

Comment

Blue, Grey, and White knobs indicate late 80s to early-mid 90s at least. In the mid-90s they went to smaller black knobs with silver-ringed caps, at least according to my mid-90s Bandit Transtube 112.
              Originally posted by Brown Note
              I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
              My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                It won't. I have one and it sounds pants.
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Headphone jack = Preamp out.

Try it...

"Scalloped & Stickered"
                  A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

That thing just screams 1985.

Comment

Dude that's awesome! The first amp I had was a a Peavey–built in to the case of an old T-15. Peavey made great stuff!

Looked just like this:

Comment

thats a cool little amp

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                          Dude that's awesome! The first amp I had was a a Peavey–built in to the case of an old T-15. Peavey made great stuff!

Looked just like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69254[/ATTACH]
                          Trey, that thing looks like it would be pretty nice and portable.

Comment

That thing DOES scream 1985.....I plugged it up today and much to my surprise, it still worked. It took my pedals really well too. I didnt expect much from such a small amp....But, it did bring back some early memories.

Comment

I had one of those Peavey's as well from 89-90' I think. I remember it being a decent little amp.

Comment

Working...
                              X