NAD: Vox AC15c1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: Vox AC15c1

So this was delayed a bit, but I got a new Christmas gift. I've been wanting a Vox amp for a while. I have to say I am really loving the sound it. Chords sound particularly great on it, but I'm liking the cleans, breakup, and distortion of it. Got to try it out at band practice and it held up great and sounded really good. Overall really happy with it and looking forward to playing it and writing with it.

Re: NAD: Vox AC15c1

Congrats. Great amp. I have a nice one. Retubing requires no biasing, just put in new EL84'S. I put new JJ's in recently and they seem to run hotter than than the stock ones but sound great. These are known to be hot running British amps to begin with.
    "Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' The Note cd.

Comment

Awesome man, nothing like a new AC from Santa!!! I absolutely love my AC-15! Actually on most days I like my Greenback loaded AC-15 better than my AC-30 loaded with ridiculously expensive Celestion Blues! My AC-15 is a AC-15C2 Twin with a larger AC-30 reverb tank & a extra Greenback that fills up a little more air, but otherwise it's exactly the same as yours.

The AC-15 Twin lets me delve into them beautiful VOX AC tones sooner, with greater ease & control. Although, I do miss not being able to patch the Bright and Top Boost CH's together like I can do with the 4 input AC-30CC2? I keep the AC-30 at my drummer's place & the Twin @ home so I don't have to move around amps for jamming?

They are terrific amps and as mentioned above they don't require biasing after a valve swap, today that's worth it's weight in gold because of the lack of reputable amp techs & the cost of one if you are lucky enough to live in a area where you have one. On the other hand they can be finicky things & they DO NOT travel very well (not to mention the weight) so if you plan on dragging it around with you very much do yourself a favor and get it a nice travel case, one with wheals on it!!! I know you just have the regular version but I bet she's still got a bit of heft to her?

Oh, if I could offer one other piece of AC advice, you should really look into Treble Boosters! Stick one out front of the AC & it will absolutely come alive!!!
      I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Killer - loving mine so far

Didn't realize it doesn't need a biasing after new p/t's......hmmm

Can't you jump the channels with an A/B box?
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
          Killer - loving mine so far

Didn't realize it doesn't need a biasing after new p/t's......hmmm

Can't you jump the channels with an A/B box?
          I suppose you probably could? To be honest I never thought about it like that? If not a A/B I'd think a A/B/Y box would work? Definitely food for thought, I shall look into it some more & let you know how it turns out...
          I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

yes I did mean A/B/Y - I am pretty sure it would do the trick
            My Bands -
            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
            X