X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD – Fender Blues Jr.

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
    Thanks!

I'm still enjoying it, but definitely prefer the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for my playing. The Blues Jr. is definitely better for apartment playing and seems to sound better with humbuckers, IMO.
    My experience was the opposite. Mine was alright with humbuckers. But when I plugged my Tele into it and cranked the gain and volume, it just sang.
    Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
      My experience was the opposite. Mine was alright with humbuckers. But when I plugged my Tele into it and cranked the gain and volume, it just sang.
      Ha! That's hilarious! Maybe its how I have mine setup...my Hot Rod Deluxe tends to prefer single coils.

Comment

On the standby switch issue, I always refer to this article:
        The valvewizard

Lots of TechTalk, which is basically summarized with: If the amp was properly designed, it does not need one... It very probably originated from Fender trying to save money and space on caps (and Marshall copying the design)... I would not spend my money on that mod for sure...
        Unbelief is safe, because it takes no risk and almost always gets what it expects.

When your passion begins to decline, you already start to die. You were born to burn.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTondo View Post
          The valvewizard

Lots of TechTalk, which is basically summarized with: If the amp was properly designed, it does not need one... It very probably originated from Fender trying to save money and space on caps (and Marshall copying the design)... I would not spend my money on that mod for sure...
          Hmm, thank you for the info! A long read that I will have to delve into at a later time. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Nice score Trey. And cool that it came with an Eminence C'Rex.

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Standby technically is only needed with solid state rectification.
            It's funny how sometimes the mind sees what it wants to see, instead of what's actually there. I read that several times as: "solid state amplification". And I was thinking, what the flock is he talking about. Eventually I was able to clear my memory buffer and realize what you actually said.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
              Nice score Trey. And cool that it came with an Eminence C'Rex.
              Thanks man! Its been a great little amp for the price, definitely better for the apartment than the Hot Rod Deluxe!

Comment

I gigged with one last night and it killed. Had to use the house backline and I was a little nervous but it liked being opened up that's for sure. A little bright but I tamed that no problem. I'd grab a used one of these in a heartbeat
                Last edited by Wattage; 04-10-2016, 07:09 PM.
                My Bands -
                https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                  I gigged with one last night and it killed. Had to use the house backline and I was a little nervous but it liked being opend up that for sure. I little bright but I tamed that no problem. I'd grab a used one of these in a heartbeat
                  That is awesome man!

Comment

Originally posted by MrTondo View Post
                    The valvewizard

Cool beans...Thank you MrTondo!
                    I read the whole sad history of standby switches, including how Jim Marshall copied the Fender amp that had a standby and thus turned an unknown feature into a tradition...I especially liked that Vox had to add a standby to their reissue AC30 and placed it in the wrong place and then had to modify their modification...My apologies to treyhaislip for repeating what I now know to be an old wive's tale
                    about needing the standby more if you have a solid state rectifier...totally not true.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

i love my bill m modded blues jr (stock speaker)

and it loves my duncan twintube classic pedal to turn it into a 3 ch solution

it needs dialed in for each, but my strat (SSS), PRS SC245 (HH), and PRS soapy (2xP90) all sound very good from clean to crunch to full drive... anything short of the brutalz should work nicely
                      Last edited by tone4days; 04-20-2016, 06:28 PM.
                      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
                      X