Tiny Terror at GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny Terror at GC

I dropped in for strings yesterday, and goofed off on a few amps. They had more modelers than anything. It was so much fun making all the kids on the insane settings of line 6 amps, set so low you could hear the strings over the amp, stop playing any time I'd play anything. The big surprise was how much I liked the Tiny Terror combo. It was nothing special at all until the gain and volume were both over halfway and then it changed into a raging beast!

Notes just exploded out of it, and I could get any shade of crunch with different settings. The tone control was super effective, too. I think it sounded best on 15 watts, volume to just over half and gain to taste. Good stuff!
    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Re: Tiny Terror at GC

yup
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I need to try the head again, it's been a while, but the combo was just rude enough in all the right ways. I think it would be a great fit for the southern rock the band I'm in plays. It's got so much harmonic stuff going on. It's got me thinking...
      Last edited by guitfiddle; 01-16-2016, 09:53 PM.
      - Tom

Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.

Comment

Yeah, I dig mine. For having 3 knobs, it's got a lot of range, tonewise. I use mine with my Jubilee straight 412, and it sounds huge for a 2 EL-84 amp.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

DO EET!! I look forward to reading your NAD thread and full review...
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Oh, twas funny.. I was in GC the other day picking up a capo (and molesting a few guitars esp the EVH circles they had) and some dude was in the amp room testing a nice vintage marshall head.. He had that thing blasting pretty loud and was just : bwah bwah bwah.. small adjustment. Bwah bwah bwah.. for over30 min.. same chord. 1 2 3.. Then I hear the same amp tearing up some old vh... Was a sales guy..
            Im very novice Im sad to say.. been in the same rut/same level for a lonnnng time.. When I test guits I rarely plug em up cuz Im embarrassed. But sometimes Ill see something that makes me feel alil better.. haha Then on the other hand, Ill see a little 5 year old schooling me.... : ( haha
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The Tiny Terror is a fun little amp. I just got back from practice, it did just fine volume-wise with the master on 3 (although with my last band's drummer it had to be cranked all the way. haha)
              Last edited by ex-250; 01-17-2016, 08:09 PM.
              Originally posted by Aceman
              It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Discovered the pleasures of Orange Amps | they look like ****, owner plugs me in and I start playing, that's a tube amp!!!! | at a locally owned music store that is slightly larger than the size of our only GC's accessory dept. Have the CR60 with a governor speaker. This amp convinced me that someday I'll have another Orange Amp.

And am proud to say I have not walked into the GC since I bought a Marshall Haze when it first came out. The amp is long gone but my memories of their former guitar tech still haunt me.

Maybe its just that this area in the great Heart Land is blessed with a some good locally owned music stores......
                That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                  Oh, twas funny.. I was in GC the other day picking up a capo (and molesting a few guitars esp the EVH circles they had) and some dude was in the amp room testing a nice vintage marshall head.. He had that thing blasting pretty loud and was just : bwah bwah bwah.. small adjustment. Bwah bwah bwah.. for over30 min.. same chord. 1 2 3.. Then I hear the same amp tearing up some old vh... Was a sales guy..
                  Im very novice Im sad to say.. been in the same rut/same level for a lonnnng time.. When I test guits I rarely plug em up cuz Im embarrassed. But sometimes Ill see something that makes me feel alil better.. haha Then on the other hand, Ill see a little 5 year old schooling me.... : ( haha

That story made me laugh!

I try not to be too obnoxious when I try amps. I don't just sit and wail away for a long time, but I do have to run an amp up to where I'd play it onstage. The Terror has a great feel while not being over the top volume wise. I mean, it IS loud, but not like in a 100 watt halfstack kind of way. It's still a 15 watt 112. That's the wattage i like best in a 112 combo for smaller stages. Still, it drowned out all the buzzy distorted fizz around the amp section while I did play, though.
                  Last edited by guitfiddle; 01-19-2016, 12:17 AM.
                  - Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X