• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Budget Amp Modeler

Vox has a new modeling series coming out:

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      If you want budget multi pick up an ART SGX2000 used on Ebay. They sound great and are feature full. Fantastic distortion and overdrive.
      yep. i still use mine ever so often..some very usable sounds which is impressive since mine is 26 years old

Comment

Hard to go wrong with the Vox or Fender units for the sounds you're looking for. Try each of them out if you can, and then get the biggest one you can afford. You can always turn the volume down on a modeler, but there is a threshold to how loud they can go based on size.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

You're not likely to find an inexpensive modeler that doesn't do tones you don't want, and if it has a Line 6 logo, it's definitely going to have at least one raging metal beast sound.

If you're not scared of racks, the Digitech GSP 1101 is not a bad unit. However, that's a rack, and I'm sure combo technology has reached a more useful + affordable point by now.
          Originally posted by Brown Note
          I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
          My Blog

Comment

I've got a Vox Valvetronix AD60VTH blue grill head in mint condition for sale. $350 plus actual shipping. It's a great deal because the blue grill Vox's were some of the best modelers ever made.

The head version is the best because half the tone is the speaker cabinet, and it allows you to use quality cab/speakers rather than the cheap Vox enclosures. It's also got a line out for recording. Another great feature is the wattage selector, so you can set the headroom at the appropriate level......meaning whisper quiet to full wattage.

If anyone's interested, PM me.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Sure, that blue VOX kicks ass.

Other than that, take a look at these:

I've been touring with AMT legend preamps since 2010. I had to stop carrying tube heads due to an arthritic spine problem (no more weight lifting). These little ones simulate the characters of my fav tube amps and work perfectly even since - and won't kill your wallet.
              Last edited by NecroPolo; 01-23-2016, 01:51 PM.
              Wackor
              Ørdøg
              NecroPolo
              Diabolus in Musica
              SIDrip Alliance
              Book of Shadows
              RKH

Comment

Originally posted by Brandenburg View Post
                yep. i still use mine ever so often..some very usable sounds which is impressive since mine is 26 years old
                I found some SGX2000 stuff in an old email. Here is the manual for the rack unit

Comment

Might find a good deal on an old Fender Cyber-?, or a Peavey Vyper...

Bill
                  When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Hey, it's OP. I ended up finding a good condition Hot Rod Deluxe for $250, and I'm really happy with the deal I got on a great tube amp, so I'm going to close this thread in a day or two if no one else wants to hijack it.

Comment

Working...
                    X