banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NPAD (New Preamp Day!) Big Racks inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NPAD (New Preamp Day!) Big Racks inside...

I like big racks and I cannot lie.

Comment

Cool! I have a secret desire to build a rack with both MP-1 and JMP-1 preamps, Marshall rack power amp (100/100?), Peterson tuner, Voodoo Lab effect loop switching, wireless and MIDI Switching.

Have fun!
      Last edited by PFDarkside; 01-20-2016, 04:51 PM.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        I like big racks and I cannot lie.
        Yep, and for guitars too!!!

Awesome score!!! I too have lusted for one of those for years. If I was a better player, Id be more serious bout getting one. cant justify the cost currently, especially with the way they are climbing. Im a total 80s metal geek.. can those be run with a regular amp head? I assume so..I wouldnt want to have to buy a power amp. I have a rack mount Rockman chorus that I need to get a rack for ..
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
          Awesome man! Bob Hartman of the band Petra used one–actually has his listed for sale (EDIT: one of his outputs is broken as well lol.) I believe this is the owner's manual for it (in case yours did not come with one.)

Never used one, so I apologize but no tips on that bad boy other than just plug and play! lol

Enjoy!
          they hard to find people to service them??
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
            they hard to find people to service them??
            It can be pretty difficult and parts are getting scarce too. I'm planning on selling mine for that reason and because I really don't use it anymore.

To answer your earlier question it can be used with a head either into the effects return or into a clean amp if the MP-1 output isn't too hot. The first Smashing Pumpkins record was recorded with an MP-1 into the low input of a JCM800 head.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
            X