Mini Jooby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Jooby

Figured it deserves a thread in the amp forum...

Head, combo, its own cab?

Apparently NOT the BIG release...
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Mini Jooby

And apparently 50w head too..
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

What is interesting is that chassis for the mini head looks like the same size as the chassis of the 2554 1x12 combo reissue just below it.

That would be a home run. EL34s and 50/25 watts.

Comment

I wonder if it's a lunch box or just a 2554 head? If they managed to make a Jubilee lunch box and it sounds anything like the original I WANT ONE.
        Last edited by dystrust; 01-20-2016, 07:10 PM.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Oh ****....el34s in the mini...20watts. Jonesy and I just got our wish (I.e. nice to see a lunchbox with big bottles)

Edit- updated US pricing 1299 head, 1499 combo.

This combo pictured is the mini combo...
          Last edited by JeffB; 01-21-2016, 02:25 PM.

Comment

from the marshall forum...

Originally posted by a poster on the Marshall forum

Featuring preamp circuitry taken from the original Silver Jubilee diagrams, the Mini Jubilee offers high/low output switching from 20 watts to five watts, while the combo utilises a single 12" Celestion G12M-25 Greenback speaker.

Elsewhere, the amps mirror their big brother, with a bass, middle and treble tone stack; presence; output master (footswitch/pull channel); plus lead master and input gain (pull rhythm clip), all via a complement of ECC83 and EL34 valves.

The 2525H head (£799) and 2525C combo (£939) are available now.

Comment

Ah...20 watts and EL34s? I wonder if it is like the Soldano Hot Rod 25 where big bottle tubes run on low plate voltage like a variaced Plexi? Or if it runs them (or 0ne) in class A? Great price point if it has close to the tone quality of an original 2550 (2553,2554). I may be selling some unwanted gear

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                Well I wouldn't be afraid to mod it, since it not a reissue of an original. The clean channel would get its own gain control with a small value bright cap for starters.

Comment

syckkck

Comment

Man I would love to check one of these out!
                    Owner:
                    Slamo Custom Guitars
                    Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                      Featuring preamp circuitry taken from the original Silver Jubilee diagrams, the Mini Jubilee offers high/low output switching from 20 watts to five watts, while the combo utilises a single 12" Celestion G12M-25 Greenback speaker.

Elsewhere, the amps mirror their big brother, with a bass, middle and treble tone stack; presence; output master (footswitch/pull channel); plus lead master and input gain (pull rhythm clip), all via a complement of ECC83 and EL34 valves.

The 2525H head (£799) and 2525C combo (£939) are available now.
                      That seals the deal. I wonder when dealers around here will get them and what I can move to make it happen...
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

It's 2x EL34s. I suspect they get only 20 watts by a similar method to that used by the Soldano Hot Rod 25. I listened to the official clip of the combo through the Greenback on the Marshall site and it sounds like a Jubilee.

Comment

Oh, and I was told it is UK made.

Comment

Eh...import fees are sky high...

Updated US prices according to Sweetwater

1299 head
                            1499 combo...

They are UK made

Comment

Hey, at least Nick Bowcock isn't demoing it!! LOL

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                              X