banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey classic 30 8 ohm vs 16 ohm speaker out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey classic 30 8 ohm vs 16 ohm speaker out.

Hi everyone ,this is my first post. There has been many questions reguarding extension cabs and correct speaker ohms. I spoke to peavey tech,to clarify this. It is safe to use 8 or 16ohm load. You may damage your amp if you use 2 or 4ohm. To get full power, and the best tone 8ohm is the best choice. I put 2 cabs side by side,one at 8ohm, and the other at 16ohms. Huge diffirence,more power and much better overall sound. Ill never run 16ohm with this amp again. Sorry for rambeling. Hope this helps even one player, Thanks for reading,codyboy

Re: Peavey classic 30 8 ohm vs 16 ohm speaker out.

Codyboy, you're probably flirting with disaster if you're doing what I think you're doing. If you are running the amplifier with the stock 16ohm 12" speaker, plus an 8ohm extension cabinet, you're running the amp with a 5.3ohm load, which is below the minimum. As the manual says, the minimum total effective impedance of any extension cabs you plug in must be 16 ohms or higher; that's because the amp places these extension cabinets in parallel with the onboard speaker. The amp will probably sound great, right up until it burns out from being forced to pump too much power through the valves.

Comment

Re: Peavey classic 30 8 ohm vs 16 ohm speaker out.

I think he is using either a 16 or an 8
      surely not both

that said
      my buddy moved his stock blue marvel from his classic 30 to his 80's bandit 65
      his bandit likes the marvel ALOT

he then put the cannibis rex from the Bandit into the Classic
      which sounds just like the Bandit now
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
      X