• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peavey 6505 piranha micro head

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
    Why bro?
    eh? read the whole post..

I could get something locally...but that's mostly limited to Marshall's, Peavey's & lately ..Bugera's, Blackstar's etc (at twice their actual price). Other stuff does pop up occasionally ..but again at exhorbitant prices. It's actually cheaper buying internationally online & paying for shipping/custom's....or least it used to be
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
      True, but look what AMT has done with their P1 and P2 pedals. Check out the comparison videos to the 5150/6505...the pedals/preamps get 95% of the tone and character of the original without a single tube involved!

If Peavey took a chapter from AMT's book, these could be great little heads!
      I am an AMT user of their SS-20 and that is why I said this, honestly I think Peavy should do their own 6505 preamp with a real tube and 3 band EQ, that would be a killer product. On the other hand you are right, the P1/P2 into the same power amp of the real amp are hard to tell which one is the real thing. And I don't mind not having a tube based poweramp, I mean a lots of people all around the world live in places where it is very difficult to get a technician to bias your amp. So far I like what I hear from the Stealth power amp with my AMT SS-20, clean and crunch are so sweet, that pedal is more versatile than its current reputation among 7-8 strings players.
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

Just for the record, Im not an absolute dip wad. I couple of the posts read like the posters were thinking it was purely solid state, so I was pointing out that there appeared to be a tube in there. Perhaps I miss interpreted the posters intent.

Nostalgic, Yeah, probably wont have that awesome thump of the big boys, but from the clips, Im guessing it would boom even better thru a 4x12. I was pretty impressed by the clip. So unless they turn out to be real turds, for under 2 bills, Ill def snap one up .. Ive wanted a 5150 since they came out, but since Im still trying to figure out "my sound" and gravitate alil more towards 80s metal, I thought the amp would be alittle limited for use. Plus, I still have my PV ultra plus which is a really under rated amp IMO
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
          True, but look what AMT has done with their P1 and P2 pedals. Check out the comparison videos to the 5150/6505...the pedals/preamps get 95% of the tone and character of the original without a single tube involved!

If Peavey took a chapter from AMT's book, these could be great little heads!
          Right, I may prefer to try an AMT P2, 3 band EQ and a clean channel. But definitely I wanna try this Piranha too.
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

WOW . . . just came across this new head on youtube.

Did a quick search to see if there is any posts of this, and found this one.

VERY NICE LITTLE SS HEAD.

Would love to hear this against an Orange Micro, Crate Power Block & the Quilter 101.
            Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Working...
            X