New Amp Day! Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp Day! Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

So I got this in a trade yesterday for my 6505+ (I liked the 6505+ but I much prefer Marshall amps)

This amp sounds KILLER, I am totally happy with it, I haven't tried any of the newer ones but if they sound like this, then oh my goodness.

Click image for larger version

Name:	24783820869_ca6dc126ce_z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	5840253

better res and more pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/121208...57664316859440

My tone demo of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H6aq5jtS-4
    Guitars: Kiesel Bolt Classic, Strandberg Boden Standard 7, Jackson DXMG (Japan) & Charvel Model 5.

Amps: Marshall 1959slp & Peavey 5150 (Block Letter)

Re: New Amp Day! Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Nice!!

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my DSL401. Great range of Marshall tones.

Comment

I sold my JCM2000 to upgrade to a 6505+! I love the Peavey though and it suits the sound my current band are going for. I wish I didn't sell my Marshall though cos I did like the tones I got from it. Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks, I got in touch with a buddy and we hung out and had a marshall day also haha

Click image for larger version

Name:	edited-.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	5792092
          Guitars: Kiesel Bolt Classic, Strandberg Boden Standard 7, Jackson DXMG (Japan) & Charvel Model 5.

Comment

Comment

Nice! How did you find they all compared??

Never seen a dual channel with a metal switch...weird. I'm guessing the original rocker was replaced with the metal.

Also, the newer DSL's are a touch shy of the original ones...there's a reason why they don't share the JCM badge anymore
              TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
                Nice! How did you find they all compared??

Never seen a dual channel with a metal switch...weird. I'm guessing the original rocker was replaced with the metal.

Also, the newer DSL's are a touch shy of the original ones...there's a reason why they don't share the JCM badge anymore
                The JCM800 2205/2210 is a Canadian import model, and the switch is factory original. The Canadian amps from that period also have different transformers with only 4 and 8 ohm taps on the OT and no selectable input voltage on the PT..
                Last edited by dystrust; 02-29-2016, 02:11 PM.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                  The JCM800 2205/2210 is a Canadian import model, and the switch is factory original. The Canadian amps from that period also have different transformers with only 4 and 8 ohm taps on the OT and no selectable input voltage on the PT..
                  Hmm good info...Not only am I Canadian, but I own both a 1983 2204 and a 1987 2210. Knew all about that stuff for the single channel but not for the double. I doubted you for a second but after a quick search your bang on on the 2205/2210 as well (did not realize they came stock with 1 metal, 1 rocker). I guess my 2210 made it across the border as it has 2 rocker, 4,8, 16ohm and switchable input whereas my 2204 is certainly Canadian.

I was unaware the dual channel had a 'Canadian' version as well. Now I'm kinda pissed though as I recently (in the last 18 months?) saw one go for pretty cheap with 1 metal 1 rocker, I had assumed it had some work done to it and passed as I already own two...if I would have known the rarity I would have probably jumped on it.

Hey NJUIMUSIC - When did your buddy get the 800? Wouldn't be surprised if it's the one I saw.

Comment

Congrats and enjoy!

Comment

Hmm good info...Not only am I Canadian, but I own both a 1983 2204 and a 1987 2210. Knew all about that stuff for the single channel but not for the double. I doubted you for a second but after a quick search your bang on on the 2205/2210 as well (did not realize they came stock with 1 metal, 1 rocker). I guess my 2210 made it across the border as it has 2 rocker, 4,8, 16ohm and switchable input whereas my 2204 is certainly Canadian.

I was unaware the dual channel had a 'Canadian' version as well. Now I'm kinda pissed though as I recently (in the last 18 months?) saw one go for pretty cheap with 1 metal 1 rocker, I had assumed it had some work done to it and passed as I already own two...if I would have known the rarity I would have probably jumped on it.

Hey NJUIMUSIC - When did your buddy get the 800? Wouldn't be surprised if it's the one I saw.
                      he has it a little over a year now, he got a wicked deal!

Comment

Yup, I bet it is the same one I was looking at.

Comment

Yup, I bet it is the same one I was looking at.
                          maybe :P it's a sweet sounding amp for sure.

Comment

Working...
                          X