Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finally...a NAD!

Will check it out later!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Well...I can finally use my pinky again! Thought I'd let things rip (a bit...'cause I'm rusty) haha..

Some idle noodling..DI out...no effects.. ("Lead 1" only..3 toggle switch positions) ..Cheesy "Lead 2" demo to follow

EQ/Gain Settings:

Bass: 4
      Mids: 7
      Treble: 6
      Gain: 6
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

28W's is pretty impressive for a single ended Class A amp! Now I want one, stupid video clips!!!
        I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Well, apparently it's a "Parallel single-ended" Class A amp (two output tubes) & it's actually very loud (at least as loud as my 100W SS Randall..which is a pretty loud head). I cranked it yesterday & jammed for a couple of hours (ya, my neighbours love me ) and it just tore things up haha ..it LOVES to be cranked. I also tried it with my Strat (single-coils) for the first time and it was insane. I've never heard it (Strat) sound anywhere near as awesome.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Not a bad tone for a DI!
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Ah cool little thing for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                Not a bad tone for a DI!

Yeah, It can do some pretty nice recordings..overall it does a lot of things really well. It's also got a very unique & organic feel to it that makes it difficult to ever switch off haha. I count myself pretty lucky to have got hold of it

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                Ah cool little thing for sure!
                Thanks..it's a very fun amp! I look forward to jamming a dozen or so tacky loop pedal jam's with it soon
                Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-28-2016, 11:19 PM.

Youtube

Comment

Well..here's the last set of clips... "Lead 2" (Lead Channel)

1. Thrash riff: Lead 2 (Toggle-switching between presets 1-2-3)

2. Shred Lick: Lead 2 (Toggle-switching between presets 1-2-3)

3. Scorpions riff: Lead 2 (Toggle-switching between presets 1-2-3)

In the wrong key Played that half a a step lower than I should have..lol (I'm tuned to Eb)

EQ: (No effects/Pre/Post Production)

Treble: 6
                  Mids: 6
                  Bass: 6
                  Gain: 6
                  Volume: 1

Youtube

Comment

Amps like this always make me wonder if my absolute dream amp isnt already being made somewhere and Ill never know . Good stuff being made all over, but they dont get brought here or...
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I got really lucky with this one. if I did'nt have a deal (that was in the bag) go sour on Reverb (used Genz Benz EL Diablo 100) ...I would'nt have ended up with this little beauty ..which I bought "on the rebound". Needless to say...no regrets at all haha.

The 28 Watt rating on this is very conservative...even misleading. The first thing that struck me about it out of the box was the big/weighty sound. It has the presence/girth/volume of a 100 watter....actually has more of all three than a lot of 100 watters out there. It also moves more air than many 100 watters.

There are a lot of amps out that that are versatile and can get by doing different stuff reasonably well ...but this one actually does a pretty fantastic job with everything and I've never come across an amp like it before ....just might be my dream amp

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                      X