No announcement yet.

CAn I do this with a Marshall VS100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CAn I do this with a Marshall VS100?

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    Isn't that called slaving? Though I found that when I ran a line from the effects out of my Carvin straight into the effects return of my friend's Randall, the Randall snorted at full power and it was VERY LOUD.
    This sort of thing happens depending on where the effects loop and master volume are located in both amps. In your case, it sounds like the master is after the loop in the Carvin, but before the loop in the Randall. You could run one amp's send into another's input, but that frequently doesn't sound that great as the two sets of tone controls frequently fight each other. A better solution is an effects-loop volume box or using an effects device with its own level control.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Sorry - forgot about this for a spell.

I'm USING the send return on the FX loop (for effects…) in the first amp.

Now, the FX loop is parallel and I could go fx out to in….but I don't WANT dry + fx. I want a totally wet signal.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Just make the last effect a stereo one, then into both returns.

As mentioned above you'll have to experiment to see if the masters are pre or post loop send.

EDIT - ah, I see what you mean, parallel loop. Is there a mix control? Set to 100% on both amps?
        Last edited by PFDarkside; 04-20-2016, 05:58 PM.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

If I go 100% wet on the one where there wasn't anything going in I'll get nothing….

Last effect is a delay. Yes - it will split signal. But then No delay on the dry out!!!!
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
          X