X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Orange you pleased to see my NAD?

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
    Standard/Oversized.
    Hmm, a few people have suggested I get the Traditional size cos the speakers are too boomy in the standard.

Comment

Nice. If it sounds half as good as the 70s OR circuit it's based on, you've got a hell of an amp. I'll never let go of my 90s OR80 reissue.
      Last edited by Empty Pockets; 03-21-2016, 03:31 PM.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Hello Beastie!

Comment

All win!!!!
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by DeadandBuried View Post
            Hmm, a few people have suggested I get the Traditional size cos the speakers are too boomy in the standard.
            And I've seen people say the standard is brighter than the traditional. I can say one thing for certain- traditional will be a bit easier to move around. OS 412 is a bastard to load in/out of the car. Giant casters make it nice and easy to move on the ground, but damn is it ever annoying to squeeze into a Corolla.
            Originally posted by Aceman
            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5648a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	5792352
              It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Sweet rig. The Orange 4x12s or 2x12s really bring the best out of their heads... you can tell they're designed for eachother.
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Amazing!

Comment

Sweet..Congrats!
                    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                      And I've seen people say the standard is brighter than the traditional. I can say one thing for certain- traditional will be a bit easier to move around. OS 412 is a bastard to load in/out of the car. Giant casters make it nice and easy to move on the ground, but damn is it ever annoying to squeeze into a Corolla.
                      Hmm, with a 6505+ I'm not sure what would suit then. I have read comments about it being a mf to carry around though, my Marshall 4x12 isn't too bad compared to an Orange! I find myself sharing cabs alot of shows and a good friends band uses an Orange which is what I usually play through if we are on the same bill. And that's a f***er to carry!

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                        Sweet rig. The Orange 4x12s or 2x12s really bring the best out of their heads... you can tell they're designed for eachother.
                        Troof. Their v30cabs always sound better than mesa or a/b Vs. (With orange amps, I mean)
                        Last edited by JeffB; 03-22-2016, 08:38 AM. Reason: Clarity
                        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I give two thumbs up for the title of the thread alone.

Comment

Never been an orange fan, but I really dig the amp it's sitting on. The biggest, baddest metal tones I've ever conceived come from a 2x12 triple x.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I'm hoping I don't have to part with the XXX pretty much out of thrash nostalgia. However it doesn't fit with the prog band I'm in or the doom stuff I do on my own. Also resale on XXXs is pretty pitiful so it probably won't happen anyway.

Took the OR to practice last night, it is certainly the thickest sounding amp I've ever used. What an insanely full, rich tone. Not thick in a muddy sort of way, just a ton of body. Which is exactly what I was missing from my Tiny Terror, so I'd say problem solved. I'm very pleased. Its kind of funny, I really haven't had that new gear giddiness with this amp, its more of a comfortable "ah yes, thats what I'm supposed to sound like, finally."

Also contributing to the thickness is the addition of G12H30 to my otherwise V30'd Mesa 412. Pretty nice. Id still prefer downgrading to 2x12 though.
                              Last edited by ex-250; 03-24-2016, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X