Convertible 100 amp bias?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible 100 amp bias?

I just bought a used Seymour Duncan Convertible 100w and it has a hum. I am thinking that I need to change out the rectifier and power tubes. Is this a good place to start? Is there a procedure for biasing the power tubes for the Convertible 100?

Re: Convertible 100 amp bias?

Originally posted by MM3 View Post
    I just bought a used Seymour Duncan Convertible 100w and it has a hum. I am thinking that I need to change out the rectifier and power tubes. Is this a good place to start? Is there a procedure for biasing the power tubes for the Convertible 100?
    The best (and safest) you can do: bting it to an amp doc

Comment

Yeah take it to a good tech especially one who might be familiar with the amp. Mine ate tubes and had a number of quirks that created any number of sonic issues. When it worked it was a thing of beauty but that was generally the exception rather than the rule.

From my personal experience let's just say you get it working really well......never, ever move it from that spot
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
        Yeah take it to a good tech especially one who might be familiar with the amp. Mine ate tubes and had a number of quirks that created any number of sonic issues. When it worked it was a thing of beauty but that was generally the exception rather than the rule.

From my personal experience let's just say you get it working really well......never, ever move it from that spot
        I second that motion!!!
        I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Working...
        X