Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best automatic AC voltage regulator and stabilizer

Dear All,

I have been seriously thinking about having an AC voltage regulator and stabilizer for my gear (amp, pedals etc.), because there is a annoying intermittent noise sourced in the power line that I cannot avoid in other ways.

Would you have any recommendations of specifications and brands for this kind of equipment?

Detailed information for a beginner like me will be very much appreciated .

Thank you in advance for your kind attention.

Re: Best automatic AC voltage regulator and stabilizer

Best? I don't know if it's best but Furman is probably up there on the consumer side of things. But, be prepared to shell out some money. I would make sure of the source of the noise before spending the money on something that may not cure it. Also, just because something may do a very good job of regulating voltage, doesn't mean it does the best in terms of noise filters. They generally go hand in hand, a good (and expensive) power center will usually offer good regulation and filtration but maybe a dedicated filter would be even better. Which is why I mention doing plenty of research. I'm no expert so cant help you with tech. stuff.

Comment

I would recommend an Ebtech X-Hum as the first port of call. For rack mount power conditioning, it gets very heavy -- and expensive -- fast. Panamax, APC, Furman, Tripp Lite all make comparable products, as does Monster Cable -- but I have seen several Monster power conditioners die over time and wouldn't give them my first-place recommendation.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Hey people, would any of these make sense for you?

SEVENSTAR AR 3000 3000-Watt Heavy Duty Voltage Regulator/Stabilizer with Built-In Voltage Transformer
        http://www.amazon.com/SEVENSTAR-AR-3...izer+regulator

APC LE1200 Line-R 1200VA Automatic Voltage Regulator
        http://www.amazon.com/APC-LE1200-Aut...izer+regulator

Thank you for your inputs.

Comment

May not eliminate the noise. Neither of those products mention isolating the receptacles from noise...
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
            May not eliminate the noise. Neither of those products mention isolating the receptacles from noise...
            I found this one, which is a little bit pricey but has the feature you mentioned. The technical specs seems better, too.

Tripp Lite LC1200 Line Conditioner 1200W AVR Surge
            http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-LC1...n%3A7070207011

Seems nice (Thank you TwilightOdyssey for the hint regarding Tripp Lite brand! ).

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rdm_chem View Post
              I found this one, which is a little bit pricey but has the feature you mentioned. The technical specs seems better, too.

Tripp Lite LC1200 Line Conditioner 1200W AVR Surge
              http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-LC1...n%3A7070207011

Seems nice (Thank you TwilightOdyssey for the hint regarding Tripp Lite brand! ).

Thank you.
              I own that unit, but not for my gear. I use it primarily for the voltage regulation on a water chiller and some other stuff. Cant speak for the noise reduction but it's worked like a champ for a lot of years. I also have a smaller Tripp Lite unit.

Comment

Working...
              X