Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amp techs....how do you mod EQ?

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
    Theres a "bright Cap", well, at least in my '78 JMP , that should be identical in the JCM800. Just snip it. Its reversible, no harm , no foul.I did it to mine. Check and see , just google Marshall jcm800 bright cap, it has a number, so its too easy to do.
    Or if it's a 500, lower it to a 250.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

One of the simplest solutions might be to use a graphic eq like a Boss GE-7 or a parametric. I had success with my old SUNN and my JCM 800 using an original MXR 10-Band eq to slightly attenuate the 2K band, taking out the edginess but leaving the "air".

(And yes, I clipped the bright cap on the JCM 800!)

Bill
      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
        fwiw nearly every marshall ive played or owned has sounded best with the treble down at 2 or 3, the mids a bit over half and the bass on 10.
        That's about where I usually set it.....with mids and gain around 6 - 7. I haven't messed with it yet, but as soon as I can, I'm going to experiment with some different capacitors, and see if I can get it dialed in just the way I want it. The 2204 is a keeper for sure.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
          http://www.duncanamps.com/tsc/

Download this and then play away to your heart's content.
          That is so cool. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
            That is so cool. Thanks for the link.
            You're welcome. It is indeed a wonderful little piece of software (there's another one there somewhere too, for power supplies)
            Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Working...
            X