Marshall 1960AV Vs. Orange PCC212?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 1960AV Vs. Orange PCC212?

I decided on getting a Marshall JCM2000 over a budget Orange or Laney to relplace my fender frontman. Looking at cabs, I have narrowed it down to these two. I mostly play traditional metal, like Iron Maiden, The Sword, Black Sabbath, and Ozzy (although I play some melodeath and some classic rock.) I am willing to invest in effects/overdrive, and am specifically looking into the Ecstasy Red pedal. For my needs, which is better cab? I have an SG standard, btw.

Re: Marshall 1960AV Vs. Orange PCC212?

It's the dsl50. Also, they both have v30s. I said the 1960AV, not the normal 1960A, for that reason.

Comment

412 vs 212 thread begin now. lol

Nah seriously, if you're getting the jcm head then why not go with the matching cab? Unless you don't want a 412, in which case it's solved.

I'd say Mesa traditional/stiletto 412 followed by Mesa recto 212, or even vertical 212. Don't forget about Avatar cabs also.
      Last edited by dave74; 05-03-2016, 10:15 PM.

Comment

i have the 1960AV and i love the cabinet. it has the british-made, world famous original marshall/celestion vintage speakers. mine is wired at 16 ohm. the speakers have 1.5 times more mass than other typical speakers. so the speakers are powerful, clear, concise and transparent. they never get muddy or have cone cry even with a cranked up 1959RR. i have played through many cabinets such as fender, randall, marshall and mesa with different speakers-all celestion BTW.

it's not the most portable though so maybe consider the 1936V too. same speakers as the 1960AV.

Comment

1960AV, the speakers in it are phenomenal, I recently tried a 1960BV which the straight version with my DSL100 and my 1959SLP and was not dissapointed in the least!
          Guitars: Kiesel Bolt Classic, Strandberg Boden Standard 7, Jackson DXMG (Japan) & Charvel Model 5.

Amps: Marshall 1959slp & Peavey 5150 (Block Letter)

Comment

Working...
          X