banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power-Strip style power conditioner for amp/pedal rig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power-Strip style power conditioner for amp/pedal rig?

I've currently got a Monster PRO2500 power conditioner that I use in my rig, but seeing as it's a rackmount unit and I do not have any other rack gear (or a want or a need for that) I need something that will serve the same function that this does in a power strip format, just to make it easier to use live.

Anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at the Furman SS6B or the Monster Pro1000 strip (latter not made anymore but I can find used).

Any suggestions?

Re: Power-Strip style power conditioner for amp/pedal rig?

I have a Monster strip for my home audio it is huge I would never want to drag it to a gig. I would personally stick with the rack place it behind the amp. You own it, its paid for why spend more money?

Comment

What is the rest of your rig? You could always get a head case with a few built in rack spaces.
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

I have a sequencing power strip from Carvin
        It's like that . Rack mount and all

Heavy . Any thing that does much more than a surge protector is gonna be heavy

Can you rack it into the back of your amp
        With rails or drywall screws
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

APC may have something.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
            I have a Monster strip for my home audio it is huge I would never want to drag it to a gig. I would personally stick with the rack place it behind the amp. You own it, its paid for why spend more money?
            The rack was fine when all I did was studio work, but right now without a case it's a but on the clumsy side. Plus this was (and still is) a decent amount of cash. I'm looking to sell mine, downsize to something cheaper that serves equally well, and spend the $$ on other things.

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
            What is the rest of your rig? You could always get a head case with a few built in rack spaces.
            Marshall 1/2 stack. The head case could work but that's spending more $$ and adding more bulk.

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
            APC may have something.
            I'll check 'em out. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X