• Show
Clear All

Re: Bass amp alternatives

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    Buddy of mine got one of the peavey max 1x12 amps
    He likes it
    Line out to the pa if it's a large club
    Sounds prefect!

Direct out to PA on big gigs and plenty of headroom for jamming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dspiffy View Post
      That Behringer amp in the original post is horrible and underpowered.

I used to gig with a KC500 that I occasionally used for keybass and I know a bass player who used one for rehearsals. But if you need a bass amp, buy a bass amp. The input will be the proper impedance and gain structure, it will have the appropriate speakers, etc.

I used to have an SWR Workingman's 15 which worked well, and you can find them used pretty cheap.
      Yea, looks like beringer amps are shotty in reputation. Looks best to avoid them now. I did like theor sister brand Bugura's amps that i tried at GC though.
      Originally posted by Funkfingers View Post
      If your main use is home recording, there should be plenty of usable amplifier modelling presets already available in your computer recording software.
      I dont have great speakers on my PC, just nice headphones. I would rather not have to practice with headphones all the time.

I might try that in the mean time. I should have my bass done in the next two weeks or so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

A friend of mine has a Behringer bass head
        He likes it
        He records and does small church gigs

Come to think of it he did ask yesterday about a portable bass combo
        We discussed the small Carvin and Peavey and TC Electronic offerings

Maybe he's not so happy
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I like my Fender Rumble v3, mine is way more power than you need, but the 40W or 100W would be a great practice amp, plus they have XLR output for a DI into a PA. The tones are great, lots of options for tonal shaping from Gain/Volume on clean channel, a built in distortion, 4 band EQ, bright switch, contour switch and "vintage" switch that rolls in compression and high end roll-off. I can get some pretty good vintage and modern type bass tones out of it.

Other option is a preamp, like a SansAmp into a full frequency amplifier...
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
            Buddy of mine got one of the peavey max 1x12 amps
            He likes it
            Line out to the pa if it's a large club
            I picked up a Crate BX100 at the local guitar center for well under $100. It keeps up well with two guitars and a heavy hitting drummer and has a direct out if we need to run to a PA.

Comment

Hmmm Peavey Max 112 (200w) or Fender Rumble 100 (100w)...decisions

Both have a line out, gain control, and such and are both $300 new. Only thing is the rumble has more switching and less power.

Im leaning the the peavey right now, but both sound great.

Comment

Working...
              X