Cab Sims!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cab Sims!

Hey guys so I've been trying to do a bit of research video wise on the different pedals/rack mount/whatever else there is cab Sims, I've come to realise i should just be asking you knowledgeable helpful bunch! So I'll give you the rundown and what I'm looking for. I have a orange dark terror (also Laney irt studio but got the sake of explanation we will stick with the orange) as you may know the orange does not have. D.i out and I only have a blackstar 1x12. I'm not overly thrilled with the cab, it's fine for practice but a balls up for recording.

What I'm looking for is a device (pedal rack or whatever else) that will go from my dark terror straight to either my pc or my scarlet 2i2 and simulate a decent cab 4x12 2x12 whatever it may be. I'm not too interested in it having amp mods distortions and such just simply... project my amp sounds into my pc or monitors. I know there is the 2 notes torpedo which will probably do this but I'm wondering what other wonderful options I might have. Do they plug straight into your output of amp or through the effects loop. What do these things do and how do they work. I'm looking for simple stuff as I'm easily lost in tweaking world ha-ha so something that simply plugs into my amp and pc or Scarlett and I simply use it as a cab and mic combo without the noise of a real 4x12 or cranked 2x12 etc

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Re: Cab Sims!

Cab Sims run in your DAW. If you want a good example, go check out Ignite Amps site. Look for the free download of NadIR. You will need impulse responses too. God's cab impulses work great and are free after registry.
    Last edited by Drano Max; 05-19-2016, 04:42 PM.

Comment

If you really want to get in it up to your elbows, you can use NadIR (or another IR host of your choice, like Boogex) in VSTHost, without opening a DAW.
      sigpic
      "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
      --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
      Originally posted by Lewguitar
      In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

I've been looking at this after having it recommended by a few tone snobs and pros i know:

I'm just trying to decide if it's worth running a big vintage tube amp into a digital cab sim... I feel like if it's going to be turned into 0s and 1s anyway then i might as well use amp modeling, too. Still, a cool concept.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

If you're looking for something you can plug your amp into and record off of, I'd recommend this. It's the same thing Mick Thomson from Slipknot uses to record his guitars every night, live.
          Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
          Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
          Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
          Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
          Line 6 Helix
          Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by ginormous View Post
            If you really want to get in it up to your elbows, you can use NadIR (or another IR host of your choice, like Boogex) in VSTHost, without opening a DAW.
            This is very true.

Comment

Either a load box like two notes torpedo, amt power eater, etc to capture your hole amp's preamp + power section tone or maybe a cam sim in a box A/DA GCS-2 or AMT Pangea (Impulse response).
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

The Rivera and 2notes look the goods as I'm looking to record with out actually using my cab at all if I'm not mistaken I can't plug my amp straight into my Scarlett 2i2 cause it doesn't have a dummy load

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

The Terror should be used with a loadbox that has some sort of DI out, good examples have already been mentioned.

If you can get a preamp out of your gear then an AMT Pangea IR "player" or their simple analogue Chameleon cab sim pedal can give good results. If you have an AMT L1 or L2 series preamp, it has CAB SIM out and running any signal through will be processed even when the preamp itself is off. You can't tweak the settings but it does quite a decent job:

Occassionally I did use that onstage too pumping the signal into a DI box after the AMT CAB SIM out. It works pretty fine, much better than you would suspect.

Other than that, check what Palmer can offer. They have been in the cab sim business longer than anyone else I guess and they make some super-duper geetar gear:

http://www.palmer-germany.com/mi/en/...Simulators.htm
                  Last edited by NecroPolo; 05-20-2016, 08:38 AM.
                  Wackor
                  Ørdøg
                  NecroPolo
                  Diabolus in Musica
                  SIDrip Alliance
                  Book of Shadows
                  RKH

Comment

Weber MASS

Comment

two notes
                      Guitars: Kiesel Bolt Classic, Strandberg Boden Standard 7, Jackson DXMG (Japan) & Charvel Model 5.

Amps: Marshall 1959slp & Peavey 5150 (Block Letter)

Comment

Working...
                      X