EVH LBX 15 watt head biasing info ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH LBX 15 watt head biasing info ?

I bought an EVH LBX 15 watt head back in December 15' and it sounds great..back in February I noticed the front el-84 power tube glowing pretty hot,so I called Fender,and the guy told me to take to a authorized Fender tech about 50 miles from me,so I did that..it took him 2 months to just re-tube and supposedly re-bias it to 28 Mv..it still sounds great,but I want to be able to bias this amp myself eventually..i know it has a 5 year warranty,but I hate waiting 2 months,or any period! I live out in east texas,and there is not much out here,especialy amp techs..I got the amp schematic off the evh website,and see where the schematic says to bias the amp,but when I took off the bottom cover to find the proper place to bias,there is no bias wheel or anything anywhere that I can see to set the bias..has anyboby here checked theirs out or biased their own amp ? Any info greatly appreciated1 and I have searched the internet tirelessly for info.

Re: EVH LBX 15 watt head biasing info ?

I think I'm the only other one on here with one- I haven't had to retube or rebias mine yet, so sorry.

Comment

Alright,It just seems like they are hush hush on this amp,kinda like Blackstar..they have been on the market for at least 7-8 months now,and very little info available.

Comment

You might be best emailing Fender direct it may be fixed bias,,,
        if anyones interested i love mine https://youtu.be/Z4Zmg5tT6dw
        thanks 9c:

Comment

Working...
        X