banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incoming N.A.D. Panama LOCO Purpleheart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming N.A.D. Panama LOCO Purpleheart.

So I just bought myself a new Panama LOCO head, in reality I need another 5W-20W tube amp like I need a hole in the head but I've been curious about these ever since I first heard about them. The price is nice and you've got to admit they are pretty! From what I gathered in reviews it's a pretty straight forward double EL84 head with a couple of 12AX7's in the preamp. It seems to be relatively dynamic and I guess what you'd call "touch sensitive" with it's gain? There again, as we all know what you hear in a review or demo & what you hear when you get the thing & play it are not always the same thing....

I originally wanted the LOCO with the blood red cedar panel but this one was already in the U.S. so there was no preordering & it will be here in a matter of days instead of months? God knows I'm all about instant gratification & the fact that it can run @ 4ohms is also a big selling point for me. I've got a 68-69 Fender 2X12 cabinet that's rated at 4ohms & on one hand I didn't want to mess with it because its the cabinet run my 72 Bandmaster through, but because old Silverface's scare me I don't play with that head much. Lol, it's perfectly safe but I got bit by a old Bassman a few years back and i swear I can still taste my fillings!!! Now, every time I turn one on (even reissues) I'm instantly brought back to that moment...

Anyway, I had been considering replacing the current two 8ohm Jensen's with a couple 16ohm Celestion speakers to give me a 8ohm cabinet that I could use with any of my heads but it would have meant no cab for the Bandmaster? Hopefully the LOCO will sound good running through my old 2X12 Fender as is & not only save me the hassle of changing out some sweet sounding speakers but let me keep the cabinet at 4ohms so I can still use my Bandmaster when the occasion calls!!!

Now that I'm done rambling I'll get to my point, I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with these things & what they thought about them???? I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it & try for myself but until it arrives I'll just have to live vicariously through others, LOL!!!
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Re: Incoming N.A.D. Panama LOCO Purpleheart.

I've never heard of this brand before--looks like it should be fun! Interested to hear what you think of it, enjoy!

Comment

Panama is awesome! I am wanting a Shaman Retro really bad..

Comment

They're a relatively new company, out of Panama obviously? From what little information I can find they make quality stuff & @ a fraction of the price of Chinese made brand name amp's in the same class. I first heard about them after NAMM 2015 & then they stated showing up on reverb but you had to preorder most of what was listed or take a B-stock, which comes with the same warranty but I figured if I was going to buy one it was going to be brand new.

I was browsing pedals last night and came across this one & it was in the U.S. so I grabbed it? I'm thinking with a little Reverb running through the loop it may even fill the void between my TSA15 which has nothing but headroom & my 6505 m.h. which essentially has no headroom!!! I'm a big fan of using multiple amp's at the same time via a A/B/C/Y box. Perhaps I'll end up with a situation where in I'm able to get my cleans from one, a nice crunchy-Bluesy tone from the LOCO, & let the 6505 do what it does best, SCREAM!!!!
        I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Looks like a lot of bang for the buck. I'm surprised they have hardwood fronts at that price point.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Do you have it yet? These amps seem really cool.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I keep seeing their cabs on reverb, they look sick

Comment

Working...
              X