banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6SN7 AS A POWER OUTPUT TUBE IN A VOX LIL' NIGHT TRAIN..........SUCCESS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6SN7 AS A POWER OUTPUT TUBE IN A VOX LIL' NIGHT TRAIN..........SUCCESS!

I used 4 aerospace grade O-rings on the glass of a 6SN7, a 6SN7 to 12AU7 adapter and installed a 6SN7 tube as a power output tube on my Vox Lil' Night Train. I had to remove the cover, but it looks pretty cool. Sounds excellent.

Re: 6SN7 AS A POWER OUTPUT TUBE IN A VOX LIL' NIGHT TRAIN..........SUCCESS!

Good idea. Didn't that amp put out a measly 2W using a 12AX7 as a power tube? Did it get louder, or just raise the headroom before breakup?

6SN7 | CV181 | VT231 | 6H8C preamp vacuum tubes are in stock and ready to ship! Upgrade your tube amplifier and preamplifier now! Also find reviews and more.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
      Good idea. Didn't that amp put out a measly 2W using a 12AX7 as a power tube? Did it get louder, or just raise the headroom before breakup?

http://www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/6SN7-Tube-Types
      The amp uses a 12AU7 as an output tube.......I was using a 12BH7. The amp is providing 1.5 watts because I'm using an 8 ohm speaker. The 6SN7 sounds louder.......certainly makes the amp sound bigger. Using gain makes the amp shine.

Comment

Nice mod! I am using a 12AX7 in my LNT. Did you do the bright cap mod? That made the difference for me in terms of useable/unusable. I use the LNT as my practice amp all the time via the headphone output; rarely have cause to use it into a cab, though.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Bright cap was the first thing that I did. that cap made the amp unusable. I play my LNT through a 12 inch speaker cab and it sounds huge.

Comment

If I am going to play through a cab, I have other options that I will go for first, but the LNT does sound really good with certain pedals for recording, like the Catlibread Naga Viper. It's a great combination.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
            X