Speaker question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker question

Just a question for all you speaker gurus. I'm thinking about replacing the stock Celestion in my Marshall Haze 1x12 cab. I only play in the bedroom and use a Hotone Purple Wind 5 watt amp. It accepts 4, 8 or 16 ohm cabs. I keep the amp set for a clean tone and get all my dirt from pedals. I play a Les Paul and mostly play my own convoluted style of old school metal, hard rock, classic rock, bluesy-doomy noise. I tune to drop C. Thinking about the Eminence Swamp Thang or Governor. My dirt pedals include clones of a Superlead, Russian Big Muff, silicon FF and Foxx tone machine. What do you guys think? And does it matter what ohms speaker I get? Looking forward to your thoughts and suggestions.
    "The disgusting stink of a too loud electric guitar. Now that's my idea of a good time." Frank Zappa

Re: Speaker question

I think the Swamp Thing is what you are looking for. Here is a review of it forum member Big Flannel wrote up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      I think the Swamp Thing is what you are looking for. Here is a review of it forum member Big Flannel wrote up on it.

http://www.tmrzoo.com/2016/69636/gui...-inch-speakers
      Thank you Securb! I think that review may have made up my mind.
      "The disgusting stink of a too loud electric guitar. Now that's my idea of a good time." Frank Zappa

Comment

Glad I could be of assistance

Comment

Since you've already made up your mind, I just want to say, I'm all about Eminence speakers, and your profile picture is awesome!
          Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

I have a Swamp Thing in a 1x12 partial open back Avatar cab. It's a good speaker, probably a great match for the styles you mentioned. It is a pretty efficient speaker and I like it cause it has a good, clear low end and a pretty even EQ profile.

sigpic

Comment

I have a Swamp Thang in my Carvin XV-212 along with the stock Celestion 12M-70. The thing thumps and has a great top end without being shrill.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X