New Amp Day (NAD) --- Marshall MINI JUBILEE - Incoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp Day (NAD) --- Marshall MINI JUBILEE - Incoming

It should be here soon. Will give thoughts, pics, and maybe share a clip or 2. Been waiting on this waaaaay too long. Looking forward to sharing my experience w/ it!

Got the head and 2x12 vertical cab on the way!

Re: New Amp Day (NAD) --- Marshall MINI JUBILEE - Incoming

Won't get to test it until late tonight. Meanwhile some pics:

free upload

Comment

Looking forward to your review. Have been curious about these, and really the only non-Friedman lunchbox that interests me at the moment.
      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Originally posted by Open lane View Post
        Won't get to test it until late tonight. Meanwhile some pics:

Very jealous.

I have a 2555 and love it, but the amp is just too heavy to haul around everywhere. I really want a 2525H for all those situations when I don't need 100W. Now I just need to find one used or find $1200, whichever comes first.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Yum!

'Grats!

"Scalloped & Stickered"
          A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

I believe, based on a post over at the Marshall forum, the amp died not long after trying it out. if it's the same fellow.
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
              I believe, based on a post over at the Marshall forum, the amp died not long after trying it out. if it's the same fellow.
              Dang... if true that's just the sort of thing that scares me about the mass-produced Marshalls these days.
              "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
                Dang... if true that's just the sort of thing that scares me about the mass-produced Marshalls these days.
                Pics are identical, so I'm pretty sure that's him.

Originally posted by Open Lane on the Marshall forum
                I just got off the phone with sweetwater. They seem to think that the issue is a preamp tube. They're sending out a replacement! Lets hope that it solves the issue! Pretty confident that it will!

preamp tube replacement comes tomorrow... Thoughts to come!
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Yes, the thing plooped after 30sec. Turned out it was just a bad preamp tube. Replaced it today. Works awesome now and sounds amazing. Well worth the wait and frustrations!

Comment

Nice looking mini stack and I bet it's still going to be loud enough for most peoples needs

Comment

I had one on pre order until I picked up a Marshall SL-5 for half the price of what the head would've cost me- plus I didn't see them offering the vertical 2x12 until now- I may have to get one- let us know how it is!

Comment

Kool....
                        I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Jmh, it is absolutely outstanding imo. I put it in the rhythm clip mode with my strat, it is pure heaven. I also got my dsl40c combo fixed the same day. Both are awesome but totally dif. I haven't tried the sl5 but you should really l try to get your hands on a mini jube to compare. I almost did not get it, out of fear it would be too similar to my dsl. As it turns out, i would have considered that a big mistake. I've heard of some people not way impressed by the jube. The only thing i can figure is that it is a due to stylistic differences because i really couldn't be much more happy with it for the purposes i'm using it for. IMO the dsl is more appropriate for way heavy music but the jube is equally cool for other applications. Don't get me wrong though, the jube has a lot of bark and bite, IMO one of the main differences is just the sheer articulation found in the jube.
                          Last edited by Open lane; 09-19-2016, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Here is a clip of my messing around with the Rhythm Clip feature of the Mini Jube (on my K-line Strat)----->https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wxa7Za9uQP0

Here is a clip messing around with the gain cranked on the lead channel of the Mini Jube (on my ibanez Prestige S with Dimarzio Air Norton 7 and Super Distortion Pickups)
                            ----->
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                            Last edited by Open lane; 09-21-2016, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I just wrapped up jamming on the amp for the first time in a while tonight. It is a fantastic amp. Really though, to get the most out of it, i needed to throw an OD pedal (in my case, preferred bbe Gus G pedal i got for like $30) as a boost in front of it. Sounds awesome now. I get that hot, round michael angelo batio sort of tone out of it when playing it with the OD pedal and my ibanez with an Air Norton and Super Distortion through it. For full on shred, it's great. Not really using it for any other applications, however. Cool amp but unfortunately doesn't fulfill every sort of tone I like (I'm pretty versatile). I think my strats sound better through my DSL, IMO. Still a cool amp. If I could go back, though, I'd prob get the combo instead of stack because it would be easier to set up and i'd play it more. Still, cool amp!

Comment

Working...
                              X