LINE 6 SPYDER IV 75 ANY FEEDBACK OR BETTER SUGGESTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LINE 6 SPYDER IV 75 ANY FEEDBACK OR BETTER SUGGESTIONS

I will be visiting the US on a regular basis and am looking for an amp to buy in the US which will stay there. Around $300. Guitar I will be using is a Schecter S-1 Elite Diamond fitted with SD 59s . I play most stuff except metal. In the UK I use mainly a Vox VT 50 Valvetronic and like the pre set effects. Understand this model has been discontinued.

A friend in the UK has a Line 6 Spyder IV 75 which I enjoy playing with as it has some excellent presets but I recollect reading that Line 6 after sales is not good if anything goes wrong and that the amps are not the most reliable in the world. My friend has had his for a while and has had no problems.

Any feedback and suggestions would be welcome.

Re: LINE 6 SPYDER IV 75 ANY FEEDBACK OR BETTER SUGGESTIONS

You could just pick up another used VT50 over here. Prices look to be around $200 or less.

Comment

Originally posted by Gstring View Post
      I will be visiting the US on a regular basis and am looking for an amp to buy in the US which will stay there. Around $300. Guitar I will be using is a Schecter S-1 Elite Diamond fitted with SD 59s . I play most stuff except metal. In the UK I use mainly a Vox VT 50 Valvetronic and like the pre set effects. Understand this model has been discontinued.

A friend in the UK has a Line 6 Spyder IV 75 which I enjoy playing with as it has some excellent presets but I recollect reading that Line 6 after sales is not good if anything goes wrong and that the amps are not the most reliable in the world. My friend has had his for a while and has had no problems.

Any feedback and suggestions would be welcome.
      Line 6 Amplifi 75 $199 - unbeatable
      http://store.line6.com/factory-refur...tegration.html

Comment

Not sure about prices, but you should also look at the Peavey Vyper series if you want a modelling amp.

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Bloomfieldsriff. Amplifi looks a good deal but I will not have computer, smartphone or internet connection in US. I gather these are needed or am I incorrect.

Boogie Bill...Thanks for the suggestion The VIP 3 looks interesting but seems to have stuff I do not really need. Will however try and check one out if I can get up to London.

Comment

Originally posted by Gstring View Post
            Bloomfieldsriff. Amplifi looks a good deal but I will not have computer, smartphone or internet connection in US. I gather these are needed or am I incorrect.

Boogie Bill...Thanks for the suggestion The VIP 3 looks interesting but seems to have stuff I do not really need. Will however try and check one out if I can get up to London.
            Smart phone is very handy but not absolutely necessary. You can pick up an iPhone 4s on eBay for about $50.

Comment

Maybe look at a fender mustang
              Epiphone Explorer w/ SD Distortions
              Charvel Desolation Soloist w/ EMG 81/85
              Squier Standard HH Strat

Comment

Anybody got experience of Line 6 Amps and can comment on reliability?

Comment

Bring us some victory amps and some pints of Samuel smiths please

Comment

heard nothing bad about Line6 amp reliability... just about tone.... if I were you, I'd get something used at GC and get their 2 year replacement warranty... that's odd you're coming to the states but wont have a computer, iphone or anything else?
                    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                    PRS McCarty STD
                    '71 Gibson SG Custom
                    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                    Vox AD15VT

Comment

Originally posted by BluesGuyJ View Post
                      heard nothing bad about Line6 amp reliability... just about tone.... if I were you, I'd get something used at GC and get their 2 year replacement warranty... that's odd you're coming to the states but wont have a computer, iphone or anything else?
                      Have not ruled out second hand. Have also now short listed the newish VOX VT 40X which seems a good price and has had some good reviews .

To clarify. I will be visiting US twice a year for around 5/6weeks each time and will be bringing my smart phone and tablet but not sure if UK phone is viable in US .It has been recommended that I get a $15 Trackphone with a prepaid card from Walmart as property where I will be staying (in mountains of Northern NH) has no phone or internet but is great for loud guitar practice.
                      Last edited by Gstring; 09-15-2016, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Craigslist.org is a literal dumping ground for modeling amps at a fraction of what they sold for new. I'd look for a Valvetronix blue grill combo for under $200. Also, check out the Fender Mustang and Blackstar ID series.
                        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

where in Northern NH? I grew up there. Craigslist may be hard, as there's little gear up that way, because there are nothing but small random towns. North Conway may be a possibility.
                          Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                          Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                          PRS McCarty STD
                          '71 Gibson SG Custom
                          Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                          Vox AD15VT

Comment

Are you going to play shows with it?
                            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Thanks guys for all the feedback and ideas. There has been a development and it seems I am about to become the proud owner of a second hand Behringer V3O of unknown vintage which allegedly plays OK and has a 10inch Bugera speaker. I was hoping for something a little more upmarket but for $30 I don't think I can go far wrong and at least I shall have something to play with when I arrive next month. I can of course then take my time looking for something better on the second hand market.

BluesGuy... Randolph . I believe its a very small hamlet in the White Mountains outside Gorham. I am informed its about 90 mins drive north from North Conway. Amazingly there was a cheap second Behringer not too far away. There is a music shop in North Conway which sells some low end guitars and the people are very helpful but I am informed that mail orderis the way most people go.

Beer$ ..Despite what a certain Mr K Richards might think I consider myself now well past the upper age limit for gigging . I still like jamming however and with sufficient alcohol inside I have been sometimes known to "guest" with bands on the occasional song on the strict understanding that any contribution is limited to filling out the rhythm section and does not taint any well rehearsed sets. Your answer is therefore ..very very unlikely.
                              Last edited by Gstring; 09-18-2016, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X