banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a new amp and sold one... good week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new amp and sold one... good week!

I bought this thing for a very good price on the 26th while visiting the in-laws:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2625.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	5842894

Reborn Dual-Recto

It took me a bit of tweaking to get it to sound as I wanted, the eq reacts quite differently from my recto-verb but once I got there (yesterday and today), damn! I'm a happy guy. You guys all know this one so I won't start reviewing or describing it.

The rectoverb had to go and, while the used market is ridiculous here, posting a mesa head for 575$(canadian) meant that it was gone within 24hours... I had payed 605$ (including shipping) for it 3 years ago so I'm fine with that sale price.

Nice amp for sure...

Re: Got a new amp and sold one... good week!

nice. the dual recs arent my thing but they do what they do better than anything ive spent time with!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      nice. the dual recs arent my thing but they do what they do better than anything ive spent time with!
      Yeah, I really like them too. Funny thing is, while they're on so many recordings that were the soundtrack to my teen years, I've spent a lot of time trying to sound different. I always knew they were versatile but so many bands use them exactly the same that, to me, they sound/sounded, generic.

Of course, in the end, I finally buy one and am really happy with it. The three independent channels are great and can cover so much sonic ground it's insane.

I realize they're not your thing but I'm pretty sure you could make one sound damned good nonetheless and I'd love to hear that.

Comment

ive played though an old two channel dual rec as a backline a few times. while its voiced differently than id like, it still feels and sounds like a damn good amp even if youre playing blues rock

Comment

No doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
            No doubt!
            Not sure if No Doubt ever used a Dual Rec.

Comment

What about Not Ure? I don't even know who they are...

Comment

One nice thing about the used market is you don't have to worry about giving someone a good deal if you know your next acquisition will be a bargain as well.

Anyone who buys the latest greatest amp by any company is being a fool when the market is rich with their old classics for 1/3 the price. Plus, older gear was probably what those companies are known for.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Man, that is a whole lotta amp! Enjoy!
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                    One nice thing about the used market is you don't have to worry about giving someone a good deal if you know your next acquisition will be a bargain as well.

Anyone who buys the latest greatest amp by any company is being a fool when the market is rich with their old classics for 1/3 the price. Plus, older gear was probably what those companies are known for.
                    Couldn't agree more: that RoV cost me a grand total of 45$ to own it for 3 years and that includes the initial shipping charges and money I spent to build a footswitch.

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                    Man, that is a whole lotta amp! Enjoy!
                    Heck yeah, I know it's the honeymoon and all but I'm in love...

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                      I'm a firm believer in 1:1 on good deals. Every time I score a sweet deal, I hook somebody else up the next time I sell something. Good deal karma seems to be a real thing, and the people I know who take advantage but never reciprocate always seem to end up paying for it.

Awesome score on the amp. You're right about Dual Rectos getting a bad rep for all the garbage that's been played through them, but that's the boring player's fault. A friend of mine had one awhile back, and I'd love to be able to spend more time with one.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                        I'm a firm believer in 1:1 on good deals. Every time I score a sweet deal, I hook somebody else up the next time I sell something. Good deal karma seems to be a real thing, and the people I know who take advantage but never reciprocate always seem to end up paying for it.

Awesome score on the amp. You're right about Dual Rectos getting a bad rep for all the garbage that's been played through them, but that's the boring player's fault. A friend of mine had one awhile back, and I'd love to be able to spend more time with one.
                        Thanks man, that's a great philosophy you've got. I guess I'm the same but not by choice as much as from a lack of a market. If I wanted to sell anything here, I have to price it really low...

I'm really surprised of everything I'm able to squeeze out of that "nu-metal machine" (not my words of course)....

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
                          I'm really surprised of everything I'm able to squeeze out of that "nu-metal machine" (not my words of course)....
                          PRS got stuck with the same reputation, which is just as absurd. There's no way an amp with that complex reaction between the knobs could be a one trick pony.
                          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                            PRS got stuck with the same reputation, which is just as absurd. There's no way an amp with that complex reaction between the knobs could be a one trick pony.
                            Yeah, that fad was brutal for both these companies...

Comment

Working...
                            X