New PRS Sonzera amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PRS Sonzera amps

Very affordable with lots of great features. MIC. Much better sounding than the SE series, and for me, much better than the Archon as well(don't like the gain channel all that much on Archon's)

20w and 50w 1x12 combos and a 50w head/cab

Still no HXDA, but I dig it!

Last edited by JeffB; 01-13-2017, 09:21 AM.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: New PRS Sonzera amps

twenty watts from two 6L6s vs. sixty watts Fender gets with it's Hot Rod Deville...what's up with that?

Comment

probably running them at low voltages which will give a warmer sound too. the 6l6gc is a 30w tube so you can get 60w out of a push pull pair in class ab. many amps only shoot for about 50w, some less

Comment

Well, they sound good....
        I remember PRS himself talking about his amps and then playing them at a store clinic...they sure sounded purty. And it looks great. The kind of amp we can keep in the living room.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          probably running them at low voltages which will give a warmer sound too. the 6l6gc is a 30w tube so you can get 60w out of a push pull pair in class ab. many amps only shoot for about 50w, some less
          The Hot Rod Deville sounds as close to a Twin Reverb as any amp I've heard, sounds plenty warm and full...

at forty-two pounds seems like alot to lug around fo twenty watts. But should shuddup and go listen to one.

well...can't help myself ---
          Last edited by RogerMexiko; 01-13-2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

the hr deville is a fine amp, but i dont think it sounds all that similar to a twin reverb. its big bold and clean for sure. some amps are just built like tanks. i got a vox amp from scott not long ago thats 35w and weighs like 65lbs, sounds great but damn.

Comment

Love the sound of the clean channel on the Sonzera. I know many people prefer higher gain than I do and so often demos are aimed at showing the higher gain. I was wondering how the 'gain' channel sounds with mild OD? Anyone heard a demo of a lower, more bluesy setting?

Comment

Working...
              X