Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Speakers mixing configuration split in 2 cabs

Hey guys !

As far as speaker goes, I have V30, G12T75 and G12H30, all of them 8 ohms and I plan to add a G12M25, Greenback, to the collection.

At the moment I use V30 and G12H30 together in a Peavey 2*12 stereo, I can use each speaker seperatly at 8ohms each or combine them both as mono for 16ohms serial.

My plan is to get another cab like this one and to re-arrange the speakers to get :

-a) a more vintagy kind of cab for blues, classic rock, hard rock.
    -b) a more modern kind of cab for hard rock and metal.
    -c) I can merge both cabs and get a 4*12 if needed as they have a parallel out.

First, I wonder if c) makes much sense, since I would have 4 different speakers, but I guess there's no reason it would suck and I'd probably get a very full tone !

So far I plan on putting G12M25 and G12H30 into the a) cab and I plan on putting G12T75 and V30 into the b) cab.

When merging the cabs together, I would put the b) cab on the bottom and the a) cab on top. So it would be G12T and V30 on bottom and G12M and G12H on top.

I can use those cabs in both position (horizontal and vertical). If I run them together vertical it would make the G12h30/G12t75 at the bottom and the G12M25 and V30 on top.

My other idea would be to mix the G12T75 and G12M25 together for a better db efficiency pairing as the V30/G12H30 pair well already both being kinda bright and having the same db rating.

Speaking of bright, another good way of pairing them would be to put the brighter one together and the darker one together maybe.

All in all, I'm basically hesitating between those 2 configs :

Config 1 :

a) G12M/G12H
    b) G12T/V30

Config 2 :

a) G12T/G12M
    b) G12H/V30

As you can see, right now I'm leaning more toward config 1.

What do you guys think ???

Re: 4 Speakers mixing configuration split in 2 cabs

Originally posted by Lorenzar View Post
    Hey guys !

As far as speaker goes, I have V30, G12T75 and G12H30, all of them 8 ohms and I plan to add a G12M25, Greenback, to the collection.

At the moment I use V30 and G12H30 together in a Peavey 2*12 stereo, I can use each speaker seperatly at 8ohms each or combine them both as mono for 16ohms serial.

My plan is to get another cab like this one and to re-arrange the speakers to get :

-a) a more vintagy kind of cab for blues, classic rock, hard rock.
    -b) a more modern kind of cab for hard rock and metal.
    -c) I can merge both cabs and get a 4*12 if needed as they have a parallel out.

First, I wonder if c) makes much sense, since I would have 4 different speakers, but I guess there's no reason it would suck and I'd probably get a very full tone !

So far I plan on putting G12M25 and G12H30 into the a) cab and I plan on putting G12T75 and V30 into the b) cab.

When merging the cabs together, I would put the b) cab on the bottom and the a) cab on top. So it would be G12T and V30 on bottom and G12M and G12H on top.

I can use those cabs in both position (horizontal and vertical). If I run them together vertical it would make the G12h30/G12t75 at the bottom and the G12M25 and V30 on top.

My other idea would be to mix the G12T75 and G12M25 together for a better db efficiency pairing as the V30/G12H30 pair well already both being kinda bright and having the same db rating.

Speaking of bright, another good way of pairing them would be to put the brighter one together and the darker one together maybe.

All in all, I'm basically hesitating between those 2 configs :

Config 1 :

a) G12M/G12H
    b) G12T/V30

Config 2 :

a) G12T/G12M
    b) G12H/V30

As you can see, right now I'm leaning more toward config 1.

What do you guys think ???
    If it were me, I'd just wire up the first config, play it for a couple of weeks, then wire up the second config and play it for a couple of weeks - keep repeating until you find out which config works for you.

Don't overthink it, just get out of your head and use your ears, heart and soul!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X