Peavey Invective.. Also, question about block letter 5150s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Invective.. Also, question about block letter 5150s

The new PV Invective sounds like an awesome amp!! Has what most of the 5150s lacked, and thats a clean channel. Also, great features in that it can get the tone at bedroom levels, 2 effects loops, noise gate, AND a couple power outlets on the back for pedals like Strymons that require plug in. The gain channels are based on the block letter 5150s. I played one of those once and was blown away. AND have heard alot of them used for gigs. I always wanted one, but since I dont lay down da brutz all the time, wanted more flexibility.

Here is Misha talking about the feature set: (yeah, its his sig amp..)

50% off RelationShapes, the only guitar scale system course you'll ever need: http://bit.ly/GEARGODSCOURSEMisha Mansoor of Periphery took to the Peavey stage...

Just a play thru clip. Shows the cleans well

Did a quick little demo of my Peavey Invective 120 with the in the room sound using my DSLR and Rode Stereo Videomic X so that you guys could get a sense of ...

Now questions. I never got to play one of the other 5150s so dont know the answer, only that they differ. (and alot of guys preferred the block) How did the block letters differ tonally from the next incarnation? Also, how does the new 5150III differ? Other than being more civilized?
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Peavey Invective.. Also, question about block letter 5150s

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    The new PV Invective sounds like an awesome amp!! Has what most of the 5150s lacked, and thats a clean channel. Also, great features in that it can get the tone at bedroom levels, 2 effects loops, noise gate, AND a couple power outlets on the back for pedals like Strymons that require plug in. The gain channels are based on the block letter 5150s. I played one of those once and was blown away. AND have heard alot of them used for gigs. I always wanted one, but since I dont lay down da brutz all the time, wanted more flexibility.

Here is Misha talking about the feature set: (yeah, its his sig amp..)

50% off RelationShapes, the only guitar scale system course you'll ever need: http://bit.ly/GEARGODSCOURSEMisha Mansoor of Periphery took to the Peavey stage...

Just a play thru clip. Shows the cleans well

Did a quick little demo of my Peavey Invective 120 with the in the room sound using my DSLR and Rode Stereo Videomic X so that you guys could get a sense of ...

Now questions. I never got to play one of the other 5150s so dont know the answer, only that they differ. (and alot of guys preferred the block) How did the block letters differ tonally from the next incarnation? Also, how does the new 5150III differ? Other than being more civilized?
    The only difference between block letter and signature 5150 heads is the tubes they shipped with. Honestly, it was a coincidental change, too, not meant to coincide with the switch from block logo to signature. The amps are otherwise identical in all ways.
    Nope...

Comment

Thats what I thought in part of my brain.. But also thought they had made some tweaks too. But for some reason people seem to have a preference.. And Ive heard the non blocks are smoother or something .
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        Thats what I thought in part of my brain.. But also thought they had made some tweaks too. But for some reason people seem to have a preference.. And Ive heard the non blocks are smoother or something .
        Those people would be wrong. Same amp. Once you change the tubes the differences disappear.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
        Nope...

Comment

I bought a block letter when they first came out. GilmourD is right. The non-block letter ones sounded just the same. I think that the block letter thing is corksniffer hype.

I will say this amp appealed to me as I use a Big Sky and would love the MIDI switching but in that price range...idk. My opinion only of course.
          2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
          1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Originally posted by Farkus View Post
            I bought a block letter when they first came out. GilmourD is right. The non-block letter ones sounded just the same. I think that the block letter thing is corksniffer hype.

I will say this amp appealed to me as I use a Big Sky and would love the MIDI switching but in that price range...idk. My opinion only of course.
            Yeah, I'm just not going to make a giant deal out of it since I might get a better deal on a signature head in the future.
            Nope...

Comment

Working...
            X