Feedback needed - Yamaha THRC212 2x12 Guitar Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback needed - Yamaha THRC212 2x12 Guitar Cabinet

I am looking at the Yamaha THRC212 2x12 Guitar Cabinet to pair with my JC-120 head. It seems to check a lot of the boxes I need. Stereo or mono, 300 watts so lots of headroom. I am just not very familiar with Yamaha amps or cabs. Esthetically it is a nice looking cab also. Any feedback on these cabs wold be great.

Re: Feedback needed - Yamaha THRC212 2x12 Guitar Cabinet

Don't know bout the Yamaha
    But just wanna make sure you have looked at the Laney Cub 2x12 on Amazon.com
    For $199

Just saying
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I need a stereo cab with at least 8 ohms per side. I could rewire the Laney but if I go that route I may as well just rewire my Marshall 2x12. That might be the option.

Comment

excuse me
        I have been looking at so many I may have gotten the features confused

I think I may have got the features of the Carvin VX2x12 mixed with the Laney
        I have a fetish for both
        http://carvinaudio.com/collections/v...-birch-cabinet
        EHD

Comment

I'd rewire a good cab I had before buying something else, just my .02

You can do the rewire with a switch in line to give you both speakers mono or split stereo, easy enough to do..
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

The Carvin is the right wattage and ohms. The price is great also. Good enough for Zappa good enough for me. I just might go this route. The downside is having this in the house might renew my gas for an X100B head.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              The Carvin is the right wattage and ohms. The price is great also. Good enough for Zappa good enough for me. I just might go this route. The downside is having this in the house might renew my gas for an X100B head.
              Do eeet!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

I love the carvin stuff

I have a collection of amps and powered speakers
                All of it bullet proof

The 2x12 cab used to be convertible now it's ported
                I don't know if that's an improvement or not

The carvin speakers sound great to my ears
                Albeit mine are the older VR series
                I think they farmed all that out out in the early 2000s
                Used to be made for Carvin by domestic suppliers
                Weber Eminence and such
                EHD

Comment

I decided to rewire my Marshall MX212. I will have to take the Made In England off the jack plate if I ever decide to sell it.

Comment

sounds like a good plan. those plates really should be stock on any multi speaker cab so you can get all the options

Comment

I tend to agree with you, but manufacturers want to keep their costs down. A jack and slab of plastic probably cost them 25 cents. These multi-jacks might cost them a couple of bucks each.

The manufacturers also want to keep the cooler options and features for their more expensive/hi end gear. $800 for a stereo Marshall 2x12 vs. $300 for the mono.

Comment

Just bought one of these for my 4x12. Not so much for the stereo but more for the impedance flexibility. I have two Avatar cabs that came with them. This one looks almost exactly the same. Dimensions are the same as the Penn-Elcom dish that's in there now so it should drop in. https://www.amplifiedparts.com/produ...lay-monostereo

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                          Dimensions are the same as the Penn-Elcom dish that's in there now so it should drop in. https://www.amplifiedparts.com/produ...lay-monostereo
                          That is a nice price. I am going to have to do some routing. There is the round jack plate in there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                            That is a nice price. I am going to have to do some routing. There is the round jack plate in there right now.
                            I've got two of the Avatar labeled dishes that came with Avatar cabinets that I bought. Avatar sells them as a separate item as well. They call it a Multi-Jack. They charge 39 bucks. https://avatarspeakers.com/shop/parts/guitar-input/
                            The one I linked looks exactly the same but the layout is a little different. At any rate, the board is solid and the jacks seem to be good quality. Hoping the one I bought is the same quality. I'm guessing that it is. I preferred to use a Speakon at the cabinet but I'm not playing out these days and having the versatility of these jacks is nice.

Comment

Working...
                            X