New Fender Mustang amps coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fender Mustang amps coming soon

From Fender customer service rep: "Also, you might want to keep an eye out in the coming months as there will be a new generation of Mustang amps on the horizon."

Re: New Fender Mustang amps coming soon

I want to know if they're going to continue making Pawn Shop Series amps.

I'm sure the new Mustangs will be good, but I have a thing for their oddball tube amps like the Vaporizer and Excelsior.

edit- and now that I know they're not, I think the smartest Fender buys will be Craigslist scores of high dollar Fenders like Vibro Kings, Bassman LTD, and Super Sonics.

Used Mustangs are a steal too. So cheap for what you get.
    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 03-19-2017, 01:26 AM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I think the Bassbreaker 007 is what you want, Joe.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I think BassBreaker 007 sounds like crap. Fender can't make an EL84 get a Fender sound or a Marshall sound...it's some wimpy thing in between.

Comment

Originally posted by EAProwlerB View Post
          I think BassBreaker 007 sounds like crap. Fender can't make an EL84 get a Fender sound or a Marshall sound...it's some wimpy thing in between.
          I've not used one, but there are some very good sounding demos of this amp out there. These make me wanna check one out at the least. Of course, the key to these types of amps is volume.

This dude only knows how to play at one annoying speed, but

I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

The Bassbreakers are Fender copies of Marshall copies of Fenders orginal 6x6 amp using ELx tubes. Something gets lost in the reverse engineering of reverse engineering with tube substitution to muddy things even further. But I am an old time Fender amp fan so you have to take my opinion as somewhat slanted.

Comment

This Andertons review really made me want Bassbreaker. Sounds brilliant, not at all muddy, there:

"So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

No, the amp definitely doesn't sound muddy. That is not what I was talking about. I wwas saying the reverse engineering of the reverse engineering and the swapping back and forth between 6x6 and ELxx tubes was a muddy process. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Working...
                X