What is going on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on here?

On the jtm45, i've seen some people putting what looks like a patch cable on the lower left and upper right inputs.

Like here: https://youtu.be/91pCEDv1tRw

Is that infact what some people do? And why?

Please let me know whats up with this! Thanks!

Re: What is going on here?

It ties the 2 channels together so you have the "treble" channel and the "bass" channel and can mix them with the 2 volume controls.

Comment

So is this done with just a typical patch cable or something special?

Comment

Use a shielded guitar cable...like a 6" cable for a pedalboard. This trick will also work with tweed Bassman amps, but typically does NOT work with two-channel BF or SF Fender Reverb amps as the channels are electrically out of phase.

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

On my Traynor Bassmaster, the mixer resistor values are such that, along with the volume Potentiometer value, the two channels are interactive to the point you do not need to jumper the channels to get interaction between them..which is usually sometimes modified as not seen as desirable. Fender Bassman Tweed had the more interactive mixer resistors value , but not as prevalent as the Traynor Bassmaster ( which is a copy of the Tweed Bassman) due to volume pot value, although , as Boogie stated, it still works to good effect to jumper them...whereas Marshall's take on the original Fender Tweed Bassman - the JTM45, had the least interactive mixer resistor and volume pot values correlating to the two channels, and thats why it's great to jump them. Correct me if I'm wrong.
          Last edited by MetalManiac; 04-14-2017, 10:28 PM.
          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Works on Valve Kings too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's jumping the FX loop on that Valve King and isn't even kind of what this thread is about....
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
              X