Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to pair with a 1964 Jensen C12Q?

Hello everyone,

I just finished building a 2x12 cab to match my sovtek mig 50. I was given two Jensen speakers awhile back; however, when I went to install the speakers, I had forgotten that one of those speakers is actually a Jensen C10Q hiding in a 12" box. So now I have an empty 2x12 cab with one 1964 Jensen C12Q. I've been looking on eBay, Craigslist, and reverb for a matching C12Q but haven't found one yet. I could get one Jensen C12Q reissue and pair it with the 1964 version, or get two reissues and save the 1964 until I can find a match. I've heard people have had great results when mixing different speakers in a cab (as long as the ohms match), and I was wondering if anyone has matched any other brand of speaker with the speaker mentioned above. I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks

Re: What to pair with a 1964 Jensen C12Q?

the new jensens dont sound like the old ones. if i wanted a jensen style speaker id get a weber

Comment

Cool, I see a couple of ceramic silver bells on amazon and reverb.
      I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

the Emienence Legend series 1258.
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          the new jensens dont sound like the old ones. if i wanted a jensen style speaker id get a weber
          I concur.....

I had a old 1968 4OHM 2X12 Fender cabinet with vintage C12Q's in it. When one of them blew I tried to replace it with it's modern Italian made counterpart. At first I thought maybe it just needed to be broken in but they are very different speakers. I returned that & tried a Weber next, the Weber had a looser/saggier feel to it that was much closer to the old Jensen IMHO...

Too bad you didn't post this a year earlier! I ended up re-coning the blown one just for turds & squirts, it actually sounded pretty darn great! Unfortunately I had sold that cabinet by then so I ended up giving the speaker away to a friend...
          Last edited by Nostalgic Distortion; 04-16-2017, 11:59 AM.
          I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Working...
          X