NCD! (New Cab Day, Orange content!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCD! (New Cab Day, Orange content!)

Turns out Orange really IS the new black.

After a lot of research, recommendations from people on here, and playing one in person, I waited for a deal. And then I found one for sale locally!

The Orange PPC412 is the best-sounding 4x12 I've ever played. Anything I put through it sounds great. I'll be keeping this one for a good long while.

Cheers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3411.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	5843747

Re: NCD! (New Cab Day, Orange content!)

What a troll, it says Orange, but it's black, lol

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Yeahh those 4x12s are a game changer. The only reason i sold my Orange was because i scored a Green.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Speakers?
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Lampy H
            Man, I bet that sounds great with that JVM.
            It does. It makes it sound like I've modded the amp - really brings out all the good things in the amp. I'll have to re-EQ everything for optimal sound but overall it's already a big improvement over my previous cab.

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
            Speakers?
            Stock V30's.

Comment

NCD! (New Cab Day, Orange content!)

Those black orange cabs are definitely the way to go. A super sexy cab. Congrats on the find. Are you keeping it stock with the v30s or mixing it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweeeeet! That must sound amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by YeRedHouseOverYonder View Post
                  Those black orange cabs are definitely the way to go. A super sexy cab. Congrats on the find. Are you keeping it stock with the v30s or mixing it up?

Keeping it bone stock.

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                  Sweeeeet! That must sound amazing.
                  It does. Part of the research I did was with a local recording engineer who does very good work. He's gone through a TON of high-end 4x12s, and his opinion was that a the straight-front Orange 4x12 was the best choice for all-around work. It's his preferred cab for studio work because they're consistent live and in the studio and mic up well. He has a 2x12 and one of these as the house cabs.

I'm planning on recording a few things later this year - barring a few combo amps, this will be the only cab I'll probably use.

Comment

It really pisses me off when they aren't Orange. Well... JK. Well... Not really JK at all, it just doesn't matter

I miss having an Orange anything, I don't need a 4x12 but I've been watching for a 1x12 .
                    Originally posted by King Buzzo
                    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Yep awesome cabs for for sure.... you just have to be able to deal with the bloody weight of them... ha ha. Compared to my Other 4 x 12 cabs, mine sounds big and full, I can only describe it as a more balanced sound. As for the colour, it doesn't really matter, they all look pretty darn cool.... here mine which I re-covered a few years ago and it's still my #1.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                        Yep awesome cabs for for sure.... you just have to be able to deal with the bloody weight of them... ha ha. Compared to my Other 4 x 12 cabs, mine sounds big and full, I can only describe it as a more balanced sound. As for the colour, it doesn't really matter, they all look pretty darn cool.... here mine which I re-covered a few years ago and it's still my #1.
                        Nice... that looks classy.

A friend of mine had his JVM and cab dolled up with wheat-colored cloth. I'm thinking of maybe doing the same thing to my head to match the cab and then changing to a gold or silver logo.

Should I do it?

Comment

Hell yeah!

I did both so they matched using Marshall tolex.
                          Last edited by d1dsj; 04-22-2017, 08:10 AM.

Comment

+1 to changing the panel to wheat. Sourmash cabs should be able to do one for about $25-35. That's roughly what they charged me for a panel. You can always do it yourself too

Comment

That looks like a killer setup.
                              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
                              X